Various hard to find items

Dolphin Brothers, JBK, Rob Dean, and others...

Postby anortherncod on Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 am

Re: number 2: people who were THERE as well? OMG... :shock: :(

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

[quote="anortherncod"]Re: number 2: people who were THERE as well? OMG... :shock: :(

Natasha[/quote]

Guilty as charged. Worth it for the performance of 'Life Without Buildings'.
I purchased all of the mentioned 'Medium Label' CDs direct and so was lucky to receive most of them autographed. :)
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sisterlondon on Wed May 07, 2008 6:45 am

Woha, lucky getting them autographed! I have taken mine to some shows (of David and PT), but didn't ask to get them all autographed because I already had others signed and didn't want to ask for too much! :oops:

I wish I could have been there as well (I kn ow some more here were there too ;)) JBK+Steven Wilson+Theo Travis= :shock:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Various hard to find items

Postby Holmewood on Wed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm

anortherncod wrote:Hello everyone!

Finally, what you've all been waiting for - a sensible post by me, unlike the one I made last night :oops:

Have been doing some detailed research into my Want List 1, but am left with the following questions...

1. Is proggrl the ONLY person in the world to have a copy of RB and Tim Bowness' Flame?

2. Does anyone own Playing In A Room With People, and, if so, from where? Or am I going to have to invite JBK to my living room so that it can be recreated...?

3. What on earth is the MK Collectors' Edition I keep seeing everywhere? The cover is reminiscent of one of the other albums, so what's the deal?

1 & 2 - I have got those (latter autographed) but I have also recently found three old Medium-issue cassettes: Jansen:Barbieiri "Live at Milky Way", No Man "Speak 1988-89" and No Man "Session 7/10/92". Not sure how many of those are about or if they are available in their entirety on CD?

3. This was put out by boss of CMP records (Kurt Renker), apparently to capitalise on MK's CMP releases. But MK apparently was not party/ agreeable to it's release and they fell out - if I recall correctly, he said in a Medium newsletter interview that he was not happy that it contained and seemed to promote other artists material eg Andy Rinehart on which MK only guested etc.

It's not a substitute for the CMP releases, as it contains some inferior remixes IMHO, but completes a collection I suppose.
Holmewood

Postby anortherncod on Thu May 08, 2008 5:04 am

Thanks for that. No-Man are going to be next after Want List 1 (apart from Schoolyard Ghosts which I got last week) but I've not heard of JB live at the Milky Way ever before.

(I take it that it's the place in the Netherlands of the same name and not our friends playing in outer space or on top of lots of chocolate bars...)

So it never came out on CD?

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 08, 2008 5:20 am

anortherncod wrote:
(I take it that it's the place in the Netherlands of the same name and not our friends playing in outer space or on top of lots of chocolate bars...)

Might it be the Melkweg, that brings great memories to me ;)

I don't think this is on CD, but I could be wrong (I for sure don't have it!)

Good luck getting the No-Man stuff... it's a lot mkore money that goes and never comes back! :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Thu May 08, 2008 5:34 am

How fab!

It turns out some No-Man stuff is on iTunes... this was mentioned over at PTF a little while ago, so I think I might go for that. I usually prefer to have the real thing, but I'd rather have something from iTunes than have to pay £637 on eBay...

Btw I do like your new MySpace pic, Sis :D

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 08, 2008 5:57 am

The myspace pic was also taken at the Melkweg ;) I was a bit tired of the Room 7609 already.

I'm not fond about paying for downloads. Of course that Wild Opera is real expensive (but sometimes it has appeared cheap at the sellers at Amazon.co.uk. Most of the others are quite easy to find.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Thu May 08, 2008 6:04 am

sisterlondon wrote:The myspace pic was also taken at the Melkweg ;)

No wonder you have such fond memories of it then! :D

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 08, 2008 6:15 am

Not only for that pic though! It was also a great day with great people from the PTF. Though I still think that my neck is hurting of being at first row, the stage was so tall! :lol:

When we were waiting for the rest of the people, some of us were having a drink at a pub nearby, enjoying the sunny day. And then they say "don't turn, but Steven Wilson is coming towards us". And I was like, "yeah right". But uh... it was true! We couldn't say a word, we just stared at him and I am sure he was doing the same behind the sunglasses wondering wtf? :lol: :oops:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Band Collaborations and Members