Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows/Order Of The Phoenix

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows/Order Of The Phoenix

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:05 am

Hello fellow Harry Potter Fans!

... Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on the new move and/or book? I saw the movie last week and just finished the book yesterday. The book I thought was very VERY good! It might rival my favorite HP book (OOTP) and I definitely could not put it down!! It's definitely worth it's money!! As for the movie... I thought it was pretty good too! Better than the 4th movie but I still rate 'Chamber of Secrets' as my favorite movie. It still had Chris Columbus and Richard Harris (Who is a MUCH better Dumbledore in my opinion) and to me it felt more like Harry Potter! A lot of people complained that OOTP went to slow; I thought it went too fast! Though it was very good, a lot of parts were left out. This was the longest HP book, and it was made into the shortest HP movie. I do wish they'd included a few more parts.

Does anyone else have anything to say about Harry Potter? Remember... Please warn everyone in your post if you're about to post any spoilers!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Xx_Vanity_xX on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 pm

The movie was brilliant, really amazing special effects and i thought Helena Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix was perfect casting. Just as i imagined her to be. I actually cried when Sirius was killed, he was my faveourite character by a mile.
I was annoyed however that certain parts of the book were left out of the film. I know that was done because it would have made the film even longer, but even still, i would have liked to of seen Harry and Cho go to Madame Pudifoots (i think that's what it was called) on Valentines Day.

The book...oh my gosh, i loved it! Loved it loved it loved it! The ending did annoy me slightly, i would have liked to see things turn out differently.
I actually went to pick up the book at a minute past midnight with two friends. The bookstore where i got my copy from put on a biiiig party every year when the books have been released and there were loads of people dressed up as different characters, games were going on, music and all sorts of fun!
Here's a photo!
(i'm on the far right)
We met some awesome people that night.
Yeah, intelligent input darling why don't you just have another beer then.
Xx_Vanity_xX
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:32 pm

Yes! Bellatrix was perfect! In the book I imagined her differently, yet when I saw who played her I thought THAT was an even better choice!! Luna's character was a great choice... Tonks... I pictured her being taller, skinnier and with the short pink hair like in the book but I still thought she was a good choice :)

In your picture I see Snape, Rita Skeeter, and Luna... Are you Bellatrix Black? :-D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:36 pm

I thought the movie was slightly above average...to me the movies have just gotten dull because it's basically the same thing..Voldemort comes back, Harry fights him, Voldemort comes back, Harry fights him...IDK, the last fight scene was pretty cool. Also I would like to have a go with that Bellatrix LeStrange. Haven't read the book yet, I might as well I guess...I've read all the others.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:39 pm

Yes! As good as the movies are... The books are much better! I highly reccomend them to everyone who likes the movies. ... And even those who don't!

-K-

PS: OOTP is my favorite HP book besides the last one ;)
Last edited by Silver Moon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Gosh, I can't believe I was in the 5th grade when the first book came out. Not much has changed since then.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:29 pm

i have to be honest. I am totally into magic (as a practicing wiccan i guess i should be), but some how i just have not been able to get into these movies. Nor have I read any of the books (not for lack of trying). I just for some bizarre reason can't seem to get into them. Could have a lot to do with it revolving around kids... for some strange bizarre reason i'm not big on movies that star kids. I have NO idea what that is about.
I wish I could enjoy the HP mania as much as everyone else does... :-( I feel so left out :-(
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:47 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:i have to be honest. I am totally into magic (as a practicing wiccan i guess i should be), but some how i just have not been able to get into these movies. Nor have I read any of the books (not for lack of trying). I just for some bizarre reason can't seem to get into them. Could have a lot to do with it revolving around kids... for some strange bizarre reason i'm not big on movies that star kids. I have NO idea what that is about.
I wish I could enjoy the HP mania as much as everyone else does... :-( I feel so left out :-(

Don't feel bad---they can all point the finger at me. I haven't read a single HP book or seen a single HP movie............bad krausy :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season