50 words for snow - Kate Bush

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

50 words for snow - Kate Bush

Postby pinenut on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:05 pm

anyone got this ?

I am not really a Kate Bush Fan but gave it a try and quite impressed with the sparse arrangements and the atmospheric nature of the compositions. One track even has what sounds like Davids guitar effect from Blemish. It runs through the song ( snowed in at wheeler street) and made me think some of Davids fans may like the album too.

Just a thought......
pinenut
Regular
Regular

Re: 50 words for snow - Kate Bush

Postby baht habit on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:28 pm

pinenut wrote:anyone got this ?

I am not really a Kate Bush Fan but gave it a try and quite impressed with the sparse arrangements and the atmospheric nature of the compositions. One track even has what sounds like Davids guitar effect from Blemish. It runs through the song ( snowed in at wheeler street) and made me think some of Davids fans may like the album too.

Just a thought......

Yeah pinenut, I am enjoying it very much as well and it easily made my Top 20 of 2011. Like you, I was never much of a KB fan, but I felt compelled to check this one out due solely to the involvement of the always magnificent Steve Gadd.
Misty is probably my favorite track...that recurring piano motif reminds me a little bit of Joni Mitchell at her jazzier moments.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:19 am

Steve Gadd's drumming is amazing on this album. And Stephen Fry's reading voice beautiful as always. Great record.
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Snowborne on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 am

Although I'm struggling a bit with Snowed in at Wheeler Street ( I'm not a big fan of Elton John ), this will definitely be my favorite record from 2011.
Snowborne
Regular
Regular

Return to Open Season