Spiritual matters

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Spiritual matters

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:58 pm

I just read Doreen Virtue's book "Healing with the Fairies". I love her books they make me feel so alive... and not at all silly for believing in fairies and angels. I love the fact that she is a licensed psychotherapist, has worked for many years as such, but decided to finally listen to her spiritual side after a carjacking in 1995. I just love her notions of affirmation therapy and positive reinforcement methods.
I just wondered if anyone else had ever read any of her books? I have read nearly all of them now, except her series on angel therapy, the lightworker's way and the indigo children.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:29 pm

I haven't read any of her books , but I think i should...I'm having some problems with my self confidence lately...Nothing very important, but it really bothers me and , although I try everyday to get over all my thraumas and I feel that I'm reaching my goal in many aspects , I think that maybe some help could be good.

Could you recommend me some good book for a novice?? :wink:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:17 pm

I really love her books... all of them are very easy reads. She has a warmth that comes through in her way of speaking about her passions. I really liked her book "I'd change my life if I had more time"
I'm going to buy her other book "The Lightworker's Way" She also has one called "Manifesting with the Angels".
After reading her book "Healing with the fairies" I realized that much of my own issues were the amount of pain, anger and lack of love I felt in the past. By holding them in and believing they are gone you haven't truly let them go.... It is hard for me to explain.

I am also in the process of using a meditational cd on self hypnosis to heal and expand creative thought.

I have to say the most important thing i'm learning is the writing down affirmations daily... keeping track of your true heart's dream... writing and writing and writing about it. The way the cd psychotherapist speaks of it is ... if your someone who falls back into routine/habits that are out of step with your dreams it is because there is no past history of success which your subconcious in the manner your looking for. By writing down these affirmations you create a link which your subconcious mind can look back to and make the connection needed to keep one moving forward. I started this and so far I do feel better. Shutting off the ego (that is all the chatter in your head distracting you from hearing the divine speak when your trying to meditate) is the hardest part in my view. My understanding is that if you can start yoga it is a good foray into meditation... it keeps the mind occupied so one can feel the physical and spiritual healing.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot gods!!

I have thought about doing yoga a lot of times...I'll see if I can start next september or so.That could be great.

Thanks again.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 am

i started yoga today. I haven't done it really in years. I've always been flexible but now i'm so heavy that it makes doing the poses sort of difficult. But, as the wonderful instructor (on the dvd i have) says.... do it at your own pace...it is not a competition. The most important part of yoga is breathing. I really like this instructor... she is so humble and has a lovely voice.

The one meditational cd i've been using ... the dr.s voice is so similar to Ingrid's I thought to myself she should go into narrating meditational works.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season