what is your favourite season?

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

what is your favourite season?

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:09 pm

I was just sitting here thinking how i can't wait for fall. Autumn is my all time favourite season. I love the crispness that sweeps in. The changing leaves.... the smell of woodsmoke burning in a chimney. The shortening of the days.... getting all cozy. It is one of the most creative times of year for me as well. Not too mention the Autumn equinox and Halloween (Samhain)!

Does anyone else have a favourite season?
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:44 pm

Well, I love all of the seasons for different reasons- But my least favorite is fall! Everytime I go outside, I smell like burning leaves, and the dried up leaves irritate my sinuses - Plus it reminds me of "Back to school!!" My favorite season is probably Winter. I like the cold weather sometimes, and I like snow a lot... I also just love love love Christmas time. Hot chocolate, corny Christmas movies... I love that stuff... But summer is a close runner up- Mainly because of the fact that theres no school!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:17 pm

hee hee... guess i'm creepier than you kera...LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:24 pm

I love winter. I live in New Orleans--we don't really have REAL winters here. If it gets below 50 degrees everyone is cold. I love love love cold weather, snow, seeing my breath, and going some place where all this can occur. I look better in winter clothes, anyway.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:45 pm

I like them all too, but probably my favourite would be Spring, because the weather is very nice here in Spain and everything flowers. I like it beacuse it's like a rebirth.
I like fall too. College starts and that means that I can see all my friends again after the long summer holydays...I love summer because it's holyday time , but I hate it too because is too hot here!!
My least favourite is winter, because here in Madrid doesn't snow so often, but it's really cold and rainy , and I hate rain. But I like Christmas too, and my birthday is in winter too :D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:54 pm

sheisnot wrote:I love winter. I live in New Orleans--we don't really have REAL winters here. If it gets below 50 degrees everyone is cold. I love love love cold weather, snow, seeing my breath, and going some place where all this can occur. I look better in winter clothes, anyway.

I agree with you on all of that!! Oh yes- I am really diggin the new signature, Gods!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:56 pm

thanks kera ;-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Although I love something about all the seasons, I have to say Spring would be my most favorite, because after the cold of winter, the warm air feels great, everything starts blooming, and back when I was in school it meant it was almost over for the summer!!! I love the longer days and the first sun tan!!! Downside is the tourists season gears up again (then I have to share everything in town with thousands of extra people--ugh).

Winter I like for the possibility of a little snow here in NC, and of course Christmas, and figure skating on TV!!

Fall for the leaves which are gorgeous here in October, and all the festivals that go on, like the Seafood Festival, the Mum Festival and the State Fair.

Summer is hot and intense but the water is awesome, and the beach beckons me all the time!!! Worst part is the Hurricanes!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:28 pm

krausy wrote:Winter I like for the possibility of a little snow here in NC, and of course Christmas, and figure skating on TV!!

Fall for the leaves which are gorgeous here in October, and all the festivals that go on, like the Seafood Festival, the Mum Festival and the State Fair.

I love music festivals...I think they are the best from Summertime here. Next month I'll go to the Benicassim festival for the fifth time ^^ I can't wait!!!

And, yes the figure skating and winter sports season in general is one of the things I love most from winter ...I forgot to tell it :D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Pumpkins are one of my other favourite things about Autumn...oh and Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:19 pm

Well, spring/summer/autumn here are basically referred to as "hotter than hellll" and then I guess you could call winter "not quite as hot as the other three". ;-)

That being said, winter is definitely my favourite. The coldest it's ever gotten here is maybe 30F but it's better than nothing. It actually snowed here once, er, back in 1993. :roll: I was in NYC in March and absolutely loved the weather, it was like having a real winter for once! Granted, that kind of weather is something I'll have to get used to when I move- with wind chill factored in, the temp was in the teens at night. :shock:

And I HATE HATE HATE summer. It's too hot here to do anything, the temperature alone in about 100 and then add in the constant 100% humidity thing, gross.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:07 am

lastgoldstar wrote:Well, spring/summer/autumn here are basically referred to as "hotter than hellll"

HAHA here in Nashville the 4 seasons are: Summer... Summer... Still summer... & Road construction.

So true!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:30 am

Hahahaha!

I like living where there are distinct seasons, I have to admit. And I dont really have a favourite as I love when each season changes. Theres something beautiful about them all. I suppose if I was forced to choose I would say late spring (May) when everything is just burgeoning in the garden and in the countryside, the temperature is warm but not too much so, and there's still 3 months of summer to look forward to.

That said - I love the colours of Autumn and the sudden refreshing chill in the air - and I love Winter - especially when it's really cold, clear and frosty and you're all wrapped up for a long walk in the country.
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 am

Silver... that is hysterical!!!! Up here we have autumn, winter, spring and road construction!!!!

I have to say I lived in Savannah GA and dang all might i missed the seasonal change. I actually used to close all my blinds, crank up the air conditioning and light a fire just to pretend it was a real winter!!! And, believe it or not the constant sunshine made me depressed! I missed having cool rainy days and snowy winter nights!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:02 am

kinki wrote:
I like living where there are distinct seasons, I have to admit.

Me too. :D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Open Season