DD collection for sale

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

DD collection for sale

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey I'm thinking of selling off pieces of my duran collection. If you're interested let me know through PM.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 pm

I decided I'm going to part with the majority of my collection at lower prices than originally i had planned. After reading Andy Taylor's autobiography I felt a freeing release to the items.

For right now I have some pieces up on e-bay and will be adding more items very very soon. If you look up Duran Duran Limited Editions on ebay you will find that most of them are being sold by moi.

If interested bid or PM me.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:57 pm

hey Gods!, i was wondering how's the Andy book !?!...don't have a copy @ the moment, but i was just wondering...
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey Gods, must ask.....

Was there something in the book that makes you want to sell your DD collection?? I'm of a belief that it is just about the music, and if it is something you like, who cares what others or even ex-members of the band may say or think....

Anyway, just interested.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 am

the book was very good. Not well edited but that is the publishers fault. Andy is not an author persay.

He didn't bad mouth or put the boys down or anything like that. It just felt like this inner release for me. Letting go of the past... Like it was ok now not to stock pile tons of their memorabelia. I have a large quantity of items and i just feel I don't need all of it anymore. So I'll keep my absolute favourites and let go of the rest. :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 am

I'm am currently going through a bit of a general clean out too ... not specificially music stuff, just my clutter in general, - it can be rather liberating...

Anyway, let me know if, and when, you list some Arcadia stuff - no matter what anyone says about that project, I would still chase that 23 year old around the studio!!

(Grubby girl I know... but what do you expect from an Arcadian Nickolite????)
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:06 pm

hhmm i don't have any arcadia stuff persay for sale. I loved the music created for that group. Umm some of the images in a couple of the limited editions mags has arcadia pics in it. Otherwise i don't have any arcadia stuff.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:18 am

Thanks for the reply.... will just keep trawling through eBay then...
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: DD collection for sale

Postby suzannahsylvian on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

The Andy Taylor bio..
I actually thought it was pretty good. Mainly because I've never really liked Andy because he left the band and tried to split them up afterwards. But after reading that it changed what I think of him.
As for the band, it hasn't made me love them any less, I guess as I wasn't around in the time when they were young, but I can see now how much they had to go through. & how much the fame took it's toll on them.

And oh my, I must have got carried away. Haha, thats what happens when you get Suzannah talking abotu Duran Duran. x
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Open Season