JBK Q&A: STEVE JANSEN

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby zebra on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Wow That was great! Thanx Steve.Thanx Natasha. Steve and Jaki Leibezeit are just the biggest influences on my drumming style.I learnt by playing along to Tin Drum over and over and over. I know those drum parts backwards and upside down! But I could never be as natural as Mr. Jansen. Watching him play in the flesh is a real joy. Not a bead of sweat in sight! I love that guy xx
londonconcrete make sonic aggregates
zebra
Regular
Regular

Postby Astronaut on Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:51 am

Hi Zebra! So, you play the drums eh? Hmm, we seem to have quite a collection of drummers on this forum - interesting ... :P
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 am

zebra wrote:Wow That was great! Thanx Steve.Thanx Natasha. Steve and Jaki Leibezeit are just the biggest influences on my drumming style.I learnt by playing along to Tin Drum over and over and over. I know those drum parts backwards and upside down! But I could never be as natural as Mr. Jansen. Watching him play in the flesh is a real joy. Not a bead of sweat in sight! I love that guy xx

It was actually my space travelling friend who sorted this out, Zebra - keyboard players are my domain :D

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby zebra on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 am

Hi, sorry,thanx redirected to Astro xx was overexcited
I've played drums/percussion since school yeah but my only stint as a drummer in a band was a couple years ago. My kit at the time comprised several different sized paint pots which became unworkable when I upended the bass drum, a 5 litre tin of 'sexy pink', on the singers bedroom carpet! To get a good sound you had to hit the fxxckers real hard.
My current band is a non conventional affair so anything that makes a good sound is fair game. We'll be playing Brighton Expo this summer regaled in edwardian/dada garb. You have to make an effort dontcha? :-D
londonconcrete make sonic aggregates
zebra
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Open Season