Groups you would like to see but havent..............YET !

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Groups you would like to see but havent..............YET !

Postby Stoobie on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:16 pm

okay in relation to those groups/artisits you have seen what about the bands you would love to see but havent yet !

i would start with

Radiohead

Stoobie :-)
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvie on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 pm

after several attempts i gave up on pj harvey, and to be honest, nowadays i can't see myself bother too much.

i am not going to say talk talk, cause i don't belive in reunions, but mark hollis is of course always welcome to bring a guitar and play me anything he likes.

but obviously, the one artist i would go through heaven and hell to see is kate bush. i can not imagine a more divine creature.
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Stoobie on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Yeah Could not agree more ! Kate Bush !

Stoobie
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 pm

The only way I could ever see the band I wished I'd seen in concert and hadn't would be to get David Tennant's Tardis and go back in time to 1982... sigh.

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Can I borrow the tardis after you, Natasha? Virtually everybody I want to see is either dead, have split up (e.g. Japan - obviously! ), or doesn't tour anymore (e.g. Kate Bush).

Has anyone else had a recurrently really bad experience of trying to see a band live, and failing so miserably that it was almost like there was a curse on it ? There's one band that I attempted to see numerous times in the '80s, and something always went wrong - including on one occasion going down with food poisoning and having to leave the venue ten minutes before the band came on stage, as I was projectile vomiting everywhere.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:44 am

Bass Communion is doing a gig on November 1st in Antwerp Belgium, and I want to be there; and I probably will.
When Supersilent tours again I want to see them too...
Do-able and modest I think... :-)
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:28 am

Melaszka wrote:Can I borrow the tardis after you, Natasha? Virtually everybody I want to see is either dead, have split up (e.g. Japan - obviously! ), or doesn't tour anymore (e.g. Kate Bush).

If we all club together I think we could buy the Tardis off the BBC and share it :D

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 am

I want to see David obviously.... then Kate Bush ... Tori Amos would be nice... oh gosh and let me not forget NEIL DIAMOND!
Last edited by godisinthesilences on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Led Zeppelin
Go west
Japan
Frankie go's to hollywood
Steely Dan
Fleetwood Mac
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 pm

anortherncod wrote:The only way I could ever see the band I wished I'd seen in concert and hadn't would be to get David Tennant's Tardis and go back in time to 1982... sigh.

Natasha
Can you and Melaszka zoom over to Cambridge and pick me up too? What a great night out that would be *sigh* ... Kate Bush? I would have LOVED to have seen her too!
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Astronaut wrote:
anortherncod wrote:The only way I could ever see the band I wished I'd seen in concert and hadn't would be to get David Tennant's Tardis and go back in time to 1982... sigh.

Natasha
Can you and Melaszka zoom over to Cambridge and pick me up too? What a great night out that would be *sigh* ... Kate Bush? I would have LOVED to have seen her too!

She's back!!! :D

It hasn't been quite the same without our space traveller...

Did you find that Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids, and, in fact, it's cold as h*ll? :wink:

If we can't afford the Tardis I think you should all move up here. We may not be able to get Japan to reform, but we could have a bloomin' great time talking about it - and drinking wine, DOC or not (refer to the Sylvian on TV? thread for more about wine)!

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 pm

anortherncod wrote:
Astronaut wrote:

Natasha

She's back!!! :D

It hasn't been quite the same without our space traveller...

Did you find that Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids, and, in fact, it's cold as h*ll? :wink:

If we can't afford the Tardis I think you should all move up here. We may not be able to get Japan to reform, but we could have a bloomin' great time talking about it - and drinking wine, DOC or not (refer to the Sylvian on TV? thread for more about wine)!

Natasha

Good to be back in a friendly atmosphere!

Wine? Chatting about Richard, Mick and the chuckle brothers, (oops! sorry easy mistake to make) I mean the Batt brothers? And did you say wine? Hey! Sounds like a plan my cultured friend! BTW: you are correct, Mars is shockingly chilly, and totally devoid of Mars Bars which came a quite a disappointment I can tell you! I ended up with a severe case of the Martian munchies! Not good. :wink:
Anyway, back on topic: Editors. I'd quite like to see them. Nearly got to see them in Cambridge last autumn, but didn't get to the ticket office in time! D***nation! I Loved their debut album, played it to death, but have to say the second one is taking a bit of time to "grow" on me ... :-D
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season