OT: Anyone seen the new X-Men movie??

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

OT: Anyone seen the new X-Men movie??

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat May 27, 2006 11:47 am

I saw it yesterday... WOW... amazing visuals... I don't want to give anything away to those planning to see.
My one complaint is I just didn't find it as good a story line/dialogue as the first two movies. And, I believe I prefer Brian Singer's directing style to the new director's Brett Ratner.
However, good news for those who do love Brian's direction... he is the director of the summer release of the new Superman movie. It looks really great.... I just love a man with eyeliner... as well as a man in tights!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bap De La Bap on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am

Yeah the second one is more fluid and cohesive.
as an X-reader on/off since 1983, they're were a LOT of flaws but I try to view these films as 'inspired by' rather than scripted from and in that context it's good entertainment.

Vinnie Jones shouldn't be allowed to speak in this film and he looked like
'Ram-Man' from Masters of the Universe anyway!

The effects were excellent in places, notably Magneto vs Bridge.
Att fly är livet, att dröja döden
Bap De La Bap
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:37 pm

I just saw it yesterday... Magneto was awesome!! The special effects kept me at the edge of my seat. I still like the first two the best, but the third one was really good! I don't like some of the things that happened though. (Can't say without giving it away!) By the way... That "Tokyo Drift" movie looks very... Ridiculous. No offence! I'm sure every guy at my school who pimps out and races his civic is gonna drag his poor girlfriend to it!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:15 pm

I agree the tokyo drift movie looks like a complete waste of film. But I can say that about most movies made today.

I think what i found most disappointing was that the big blue hairy dude... have no idea his name... was stupid. I missed Kurt Wagner/nightcrawler...what's up with that???
The dialog was not as good as the other two. Since I never read the comics I can't compare them at all. I enjoy the characters and story line from the movie, but this one was sooooooo lacking.

I thought the bridge thing with magneto was DUMB! It looked fake. What was awesome was him crushing the cars and chucking them out of the way when he was rescuing mystique.

And, who in the world were all those useless mutants that were following magneto around???

As I have said before.... Brian Singer was a much better director of these movies.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Open Season