Hello everyone!

Tell us a little bit about you...

Hello everyone!

Postby creekds on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:10 am

Hi all,
I am one excited Sylvian fan.
Not only have I found this great forum but my tickets for the gig at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester came in the post today!
I should be going to Munich on 14th September for my company but they can forget it, I'm going to see David perform. It's a rare opportunity so I'm taking it.
I first got into David Sylvian when he released Brilliant Trees. I was at high school and a mate bought the album, but he hated it so much he swapped it with me for a cheese sandwich! His loss was my gain - I was captivated from the first listen.
It was the first time I'd heard something that was 'different' from chart music 'pop' and it started me on a long road of discovery. If I looked beyond the charts, there was (and still is) some absolutely beautiful music to be discovered.
To this day, I thank Brilliant Trees for the wonderful music collection I now have and I'm always looking to discover more so I'll soon be asking you all what other artists you can recommend, but that's for another thread.
Bye for now,
Creekds.
Guided by hands that spread life before my very eyes.
creekds
Noob
Noob

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 am

Hey creekds, welcome! And no, don't miss David! That's something that you will regret!

And that's the best trade I've ever heard, Brilliant Trees for a cheese sandwich! ;)

Welcome!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 am

Welcome, Creekds!

... Well I would certainly say you got the better end of the deal with that whole cheese sandwitch thing!

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby tallulahtaurus on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi

Ha ha cheese sandwich I wouldn't swop Brilliant Trees for any food....well maybe toffee pavlova but even then only because I own it twice...

I am in love with Brilliant Trees at the minute I keep coming back to it, a true work of art.
See ya around.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby The Analog Kid on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:56 pm

hi welcome here!

it would be interesting to see in what circumstances of food deprivation people would gibe up their copy of BT for a cheese sandwhich - esp if it were a full time loss - ie you cannot replace and have no digital copy nor could you get one (you'd de on the desert island with yr top 10 albums say)

hmm tough one!

cheers

Eric
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:33 pm

I think I'm going to start carrying cheese sandwiches around with me. Can you imagine the amount of good music one could gain with a simple cheese sandwich?? That's amazing! :-D

Welcome creekds! :)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:06 am

creekds wrote:Hi all,
I am one excited Sylvian fan.
Not only have I found this great forum but my tickets for the gig at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester came in the post today!
I should be going to Munich on 14th September for my company but they can forget it, I'm going to see David perform. It's a rare opportunity so I'm taking it.
I first got into David Sylvian when he released Brilliant Trees. I was at high school and a mate bought the album, but he hated it so much he swapped it with me for a cheese sandwich! His loss was my gain - I was captivated from the first listen.
It was the first time I'd heard something that was 'different' from chart music 'pop' and it started me on a long road of discovery. If I looked beyond the charts, there was (and still is) some absolutely beautiful music to be discovered.
To this day, I thank Brilliant Trees for the wonderful music collection I now have and I'm always looking to discover more so I'll soon be asking you all what other artists you can recommend, but that's for another thread.
Bye for now,
Creekds.

Welcome creekds. That's a great introduction to David Sylvian! I agree, you got the best deal there.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:21 am

Hello and welcome, Creekds! Mmm, now I can go for a cheese sandwich right now...you got any...for say...my obscure alternatives cassette tape? C'mon, it's warped but it still kinda plays... :P
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:41 pm

so sorry for responding so late :(, but i want to wish you a warm welcome :)
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself