Hi Everyone - Glad I found this place too

Tell us a little bit about you...

Hi Everyone - Glad I found this place too

Postby Steerpike on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:20 am

Hello, I was into Japan the first time around. I was a school kid then, just had my first Satuday job and was old enough to go to concerts on my own (well, with friends).

Even saw them a few times including 4 times during their last dates in London when they played a week at the Hammersmith Odean. :lol:

Last weekend I was having a good clear out of all my old magazines (I'm putting them on ebay) but ended up reading most of them!! I also found some of my old Japan scrapbooks and some videos and all the nostalgic feelings for the "good old days" came back, so decided to see if there were any Japan sites on MySpace and....here I am.

My favourite member was Steve and in fact he inspired me to take up photography as a hobby and my career has mostly been in picture libraries, either as a researcher or editor.

Well, I've got a lot to catch up with here. Just read that there was a Japan evening here in London a couple of months ago -great! missed it :(

Does anyone know if there's going to be another one??

See you soon

{{hugs}} Laura
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:26 am

Another Steve gal! *waves* Welcome!

Lucky you that could see them back then! I don't think I would have the courage to put my mags and stuff back from those days on ebay (I wasn't a Japan fan then, but I mean, with other bands I liked). I just keep it all!

Anyway, hope you have fun around here. I'm quite new, but I like it so far!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:28 am

Welcome to the board, Laura! Wow, you are so lucky to have seen Japan a few times!!!! Unfortunately, I have never seen them live.

Anyway, have fun reading and posting :).
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:06 pm

hello and welcome...

Me neither I never saw them live...

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Welcome to the board, Laura!

You are so lucky to have seen them live. And the fact that Mr. Jansen inspired you to go into photography is amazing! There are a lot of Steve gals on this site, just to let you know! :-)

Have fun posting,

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Steerpike on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Welcome to the board, Laura!

You are so lucky to have seen them live. And the fact that Mr. Jansen inspired you to go into photography is amazing! There are a lot of Steve gals on this site, just to let you know! :-)

Have fun posting,

-K-

Thanks Silver Moon - I'd love to meet them all and if there's any in the UK I'd like to say hello in person one day too. Maybe we can meet up at some Japan related event.

Not that I'd *ahem* rub it in or anything, but for all the Hammersmith gigs I was either front row or in the front 6 rows so I got a good view. Here's some pics. I got these tickets by going to the venue when they went on sale! I was at the very last one and the guys opened up bottles of champagne and shared it with some people on the front row (not me, I'm afraid). I'm not sure if the Steve one is mine or my friend's - but she was standing next to me anyway!

Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Cool photos! I would have loved to have been at that concert.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:26 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Another Steve gal! *waves* Welcome!

Lucky you that could see them back then! I don't think I would have the courage to put my mags and stuff back from those days on ebay (I wasn't a Japan fan then, but I mean, with other bands I liked). I just keep it all!

Anyway, hope you have fun around here. I'm quite new, but I like it so far!

Thanks sisterlondon. Have to admit I'm keeping a lot back, but if you want to have a look at what I'm selling. my ebay seller name is sneerbite :D
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:31 pm

Wow, amazing photos!!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Why wasn't I born in London??? :P

Edit: I will check those! I rarelly buy much mags on ebay because postage is awful till here, but I'll take a look! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby GentlemenTakePolaroids on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Welcome Steerpike!! Another Steve gal here! Question: I've been trying to look it up everywhere and I just can't find it... do you remember by chance what was the last song they played at the Hammersmith Odean concert? Wasn't that their last song EVER or am I mistaken?
GentlemenTakePolaroids
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Steerpike on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:11 pm

GentlemenTakePolaroids wrote:Welcome Steerpike!! Another Steve gal here! Question: I've been trying to look it up everywhere and I just can't find it... do you remember by chance what was the last song they played at the Hammersmith Odean concert? Wasn't that their last song EVER or am I mistaken?

They went to Japan after London, so it wasn't their last song EVER, but I'm trying to remember what their last song was in London. I can't remember. For some reason, I think it was a slow one, like Ghosts or Nightporter.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:14 pm

OMG...oh how I wish I was there!!! That close to the stage too....*drooool*. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:40 pm

WOW!!! Those photos are REALLY amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

I think that the last song ever was... Fall In love With Me? If I am wrong please let me know!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Nath on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:07 am

many thanks for those wonderful pictures!!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Welcome to the boards!!

Lucky you!!! I wasn't born yet when they were around... :wink: Thanks for those pictures!!! They are amazing!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself