Oh my God I cant believe it!

Tell us a little bit about you...

Oh my God I cant believe it!

Postby kinki on Wed May 17, 2006 11:55 am

....I thought i was dreaming when I stumbled upon this site....I didnt think there were any more Japan obsessives left in the world. :D

All my friends think Im bonkers for still liking them but who cares? I'm 40 this year and have loved Japan with a passion since the early 80's....I never grow tired of their music and at the risk of sounding terribly girly have had a mountain-sized crush on David (and Mick come to think of it ) for the best part of 25 years. (*blushes profusely*).

I need to find out more about Sylvian's solo work - for some reason I've never bought anything beyond Brilliant Trees - stupidly I never think anything's going to improve on Japan, but I'm willing to be proved wrong...

I look forward to spending time with you guys when I can. I get the feeling Japan/Sylvian fans are smart cookies who dont follow the crowd...am I right? :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed May 17, 2006 4:02 pm

Hey Kinki!

Welcome! You are so awesome! I can agree that I to... have a mountain-size crush on David Sylvian! And all of the members from Japan! But don't worry about it! I think, deep down, a lot of people on this board have crushes on David Sylvian (And the other members as well!) I hope that you will be happy with the photo gallery on here, you can upload pictures you have too! Also, more pics will be coming soon!

Thank you again,

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Thu May 18, 2006 4:12 am

Silver Moon wrote:I hope that you will be happy with the photo gallery on here, you can upload pictures you have too! Also, more pics will be coming soon!

Thank you again,

-Kera-

I love what I've seen so far Kera! That man is so beautiful....well they all are let's face it.... :wink:

Great site......thank you for making an old Japan fangirl feel part of the human race again!! :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Oh my God I cant believe it!

Postby sonic_chronicler on Thu May 18, 2006 4:44 am

kinki wrote:I need to find out more about Sylvian's solo work - for some reason I've never bought anything beyond Brilliant Trees - stupidly I never think anything's going to improve on Japan, but I'm willing to be proved wrong...

In suggest you go out and buy or order online "Secrets Of The Beehive" I reckon most fans think of that as their favourite. If you fancy something a little more 'ethnic' try the instrumental "Alchemy: An Index of Possibilities"

The current Nine Horses album "Snow Borne Sorrow" featuring David & Steve is very good - and pretty accessible too.

Ah, forget what I've said, just go out and buy the whole lot - they're all worth it :lol:

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu May 18, 2006 7:44 am

Yes! I agree with Sonic!

And if you can- Get the remastered versions! They sound excellent and are very much worth it! If you like Japan, I'm sure you will like his solo work! And on "Everything and Nothing" He even re-sings "Ghosts!"

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Thu May 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Hmm thanks guys - I feel an Ebay/Amazon/Sylvian buying frenzy coming on...
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Thu May 18, 2006 12:20 pm

Or you could just go here for the Sylvian Remasters. They also have the Japan ones and other Sylvian related for fairly low prices.

Happy Hunting!!
Last edited by proggrl on Thu May 18, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Thu May 18, 2006 1:19 pm

What I want to know is why are Virgin re-issuing the remasters?
In Jewel cases I suppose.

<note to self>
you don't need them

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu May 18, 2006 2:35 pm

The way I see it is every re-issue generates more interest and more revenue, and if they make it worth your while, fun to collect.

I like the ones that when you stand them up side by side they spell JAPAN in the binding..........

They are releasing remastered digipaks of one of my other favorite bands later this month and of course I already have them pre-ordered.
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Introduce Yourself