Despair lyrics

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby New Romantik on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:26 am

Brecht wrote:Doucement, ne les dérangez pas
Il y a des gens qui vivent comme ça
Les artistes de demain
En désespoir agréable

This is the right spelling. :wink:

Excuse me, sorry to sway off topic, but I like your avatar. That looks like a photo from the Quiet Life shoot! Was that on the LP or something?

As you were, and my apologies... :)
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:14 pm

It's true, more than an autumn album Quiet Life is winterish! and the white neat cover matches the whole deal so well!.. but tracks like Halloween make me think of October hahaa.. yeah, Tin Drum to me is a forest album. obviously becus i walked around a forest lost with Tin Drum playing on my mp3, during this summer. but Gentlemen.. the whole mood is just brighter than anything that Japan has ever done.. well, with the exception of Automatic Gun from OA which is a very cheerful track melodically!

alright, non Genesis fans, sorry for the off topic, this won't happen too often - yeah, Peter's Genesis is just wonderful, one of my all time favorites for ever and ever. Selling England, Nursery Cryme and Trespass, Foxtrot and Lamb - that's my order. and if Sylvian is a god, Gabriel is absolute absolution.. bald love!

i remember hating Despair becus of the wrong french spelling by Sylvian, but now i got used to it and i like this song as much as i like the rest of QL.
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby New Romantik on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 pm

You better be kidding! I AM A HUUUUUGE GENESIS FAN!!!

And I was about to comment on your avatar, but being as it was rude for me to sway off topic in the first place, I didn't want to OVERkill...

Gabriel's Genesis brought a lot of musical gems...my favorites being "All In A Mouse's Night" and "Firth Of Fifth" because of the key tonality and beautiful melody...that sounds a bit femenine coming from a 15-year old high school guy, but hey...I appreciate good music! :)
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:14 am

Ehh Despair is the only track I really don't care for.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am

Harold the Barrel cut off his toes and he served them all for tea....

Bong, Bong, bong, bong...there's Winston Churchill dressed in drag, he used to be a British flag, plastic bag, what a drag....

Selling England by the Pound...(actually the slogan of a political party at the time in the UK)

Whimsical English progressive rock at it's best. Then they let Phil Collins sing...bah. Apart from A Trick of the Tail and (dare I say it) Invisible Touch, nothing can touch those early albums.

You might like Fish-era Marillion as well (albums: Script for A Jester's Tear. Fugazi, Real to Reel (live), Misplaced Childhood, Clutching At Straws (my personal favourite) and The Thieving Magpie (live)).

Tatty bye
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia