Funeral songs

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby kinki on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:25 am

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:I think whe should try to find the positive and the humour everytime we can ...

Hmmm easier said than done-but a good mantra to keep at the forefront of your mind...

krausy wrote:instead I should be thankful that I am needed so bad and try to let it be just water under the bridge, answer the question and move on....................with a smile on my face.

Yeah, but again easier said than done - Im so utterly shipped out at the moment I dont know whether Im coming or going so it's hard to get to grips with what's important, you're just caught up in the annoyance of trying to keep on top of everything...

By the way Im trying to guess which song your sig's from without looking at the lyrics!...is it Suburban Love or Lovers on Main Street?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 am

I know both two are hard things to do , but I think that sometimes , at those moments of stress, angry or frustration ,we should try to stop a minute and take a deep breath...It seems stupid, but things seems easier and clearer when we try to relax a little.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 pm

kinki wrote:
By the way Im trying to guess which song your sig's from without looking at the lyrics!...is it Suburban Love or Lovers on Main Street?

Actually----neither. It is "Love is Infectious" :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:I know both two are hard things to do , but I think that sometimes , at those moments of stress, angry or frustration ,we should try to stop a minute and take a deep breath...It seems stupid, but things seems easier and clearer when we try to relax a little.

Exactly. I think my friend has come up with a great way to handle his stress and anger at the workplace and beyond. He says when he just gets so upset about the day, he tries to imagine trying to explain his problems to a child in Sudan, or the Middle East, or any child in a country where there is strife, hunger, disease, poverty, etc. and to realize just how trivial his own "bad day" is compared to the child's day, and he can feel his attitude start to change.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:05 am

krausy wrote: I think my friend has come up with a great way to handle his stress and anger at the workplace and beyond. He says when he just gets so upset about the day, he tries to imagine trying to explain his problems to a child in Sudan, or the Middle East, or any child in a country where there is strife, hunger, disease, poverty, etc. and to realize just how trivial his own "bad day" is compared to the child's day, and he can feel his attitude start to change.

Ok I am going to try this from now on. Seems a good way to keep life in perspective.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:22 am

Indeed it does....

Love is Infectious - thanks Krausy!! I knew there was some love there somewhere!!
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Funeral songs

Postby sonic_chronicler on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Art of Parties wrote:in the UK the deceased (obviously before they die) chooses three songs to say goodbye with.

Not sure about that, I've been to funerals with only one piece of music, been to others with several hymns.

When I go, I want:

Nick Drake - Northern Sky
Sigur Ros - Staralfur

(nicely mixed please)
Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:11 pm

Hmmm... Only 3? I have a whole list!

top 3 would be:
Never the Same - Echolyn
A Tout le Monde - Megadeth
Estonia - Marillion
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby marcello09 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:59 pm

I want my funeral to be a party! I don't want miserable people around me while I'm alive, why would I want miserable people around me when I'm dead? So there had better be lots of Parliament-Funkadelic, The Time, Van Halen, maybe some Al Green to chill out with.

And just to be sick, I'd want Gary Numan's "I Die, You Die" on the playlist!
marcello09
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Savoy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:32 pm

marcello09 wrote:I want my funeral to be a party! I don't want miserable people around me while I'm alive, why would I want miserable people around me when I'm dead? So there had better be lots of Parliament-Funkadelic, The Time, Van Halen, maybe some Al Green to chill out with.

And just to be sick, I'd want Gary Numan's "I Die, You Die" on the playlist!

HELLYEAH, I want P-Funk playing at my funeral!

Swing Down Sweet Chariot - Parliament Funkadelic
Super Spirit - Junie Morisson
Power of Love - Mahavishnu Orchestra, so everybody can bawl
Stretchin' Out In a Rubber Band - Bootsy, because I'd be Casper... not the friendly ghost, but the Holy Ghost. From the ether I'll show you what the funk's about.

I would go out to Mick's "The Sound of Waves", too...
"I will not move my army without onions."
Ulysses S. Grant
Savoy
Regular
Regular

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:05 pm

hm, interesting topic. the first three that came to my head would be

1. Peter Gabriel - In your eyes (the lyrics aren't anything to do with funerals, but well)
2. The Verve - Bitter sweet symphony (it'd be glorious to die to that song, don't you people think so :roll: )
3. Japan - The Tenant (as i've mentioned in some other posts, this song is sad to death. but, if i wished something more 'cheering' i'd take Kate Bush's Breathing - glorious too).
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:31 pm

Hmmm, very interesting topic. What 3 would I pick?

1 Be All Right - Dragon
(A Kiwi/Oz band, whos wonderful singing (and rather handsome) singer has passed this life 9 years ago on the 17th July. Time flies! Anyway, chose this one because of the lyrics. "if you ever darling, think that the worlds been too unkind... leave it all behind, when you feel like letting go, now baby it's gonna be alright, it's gonna be sweet and nice, little darling, don't you worry, it's gonna be alright " The whole song would be excellent for people to listen to and go, yes it is alright. We are not happy about being here, but it is alright.)

2 Missing - Arcadia
(Don't really know why for this one, but I think it would fit really well.)

3 Nightporter - Japan
(Perfect end. )
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Funeral songs

Postby djshelf on Sat May 22, 2010 10:24 am

I'm new to the board so I've been perusing all the threads recently. This older one caught my attention so I decided to resurrect the topic (pardon the pun). Even since I first heard Dead Can Dance's "The Protagonist," I always thought that would make for a perfect funeral procession. And although a bit obvious, The Cure's "The Funeral Party" is a ready-made death march.

I'm thinking about it and this is a really weird topic! Let's move on to cheerier discussions...
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Gandhi
djshelf
Noob
Noob

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia