for all adolescent sex era fans!!!!

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Re: for all adolescent sex era fans!!!!

Postby Despair on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am

Thanx for that. Id love a copy of that magazine.
Its interesting that he`s still Dave Batt here, but Steve is already Jansen !!!!!!!
Despair
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby DeMarkov on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:55 am

Despair wrote:Thanx for that. Id love a copy of that magazine.
Its interesting that he`s still Dave Batt here, but Steve is already Jansen !!!!!!!

that's true, but they also say, david will probably call himself sylvian in the future. so it seems pretty close...

btw, here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.de/BRAVO-29-07-07-1977- ... 5636061914

http://cgi.ebay.de/Bravo-29-1977-Beatle ... 19b6f76129
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby Despair on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Thank you so much.
I missed your post, until today, but on investigation, one of the mags didnt sell, so was re-listed. I just bought it. How happy am i ???
Many thanx for your efforts :wink:
Despair
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby DeMarkov on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm

you're welcome! :-)
DeMarkov
Regular
Regular

Postby digimarsh on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 am

very early stuff, interesting thanks
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Q Quarters on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks for posting! Priceless!! David Batt :-D
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Postby favouritemalevoice on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:26 am

"Actually we came to München to rehearse the songs for our first LP. In London we didn`t find the necessary peace for that.* We could have hid ourselves in the country, but before going into the studio now we wanted to test in front of the audience which songs go down well...." says DS.

Well, quite a far cry from his fear of too much success and being too commercial only a few years later! Pity though, if he weren't so scared of selling big time Mick might not have to face those financial problems due to his illness now...

Regards, Stefanie

*Simon Napier-Bell seems to recall a different story in his autobiography, if I remember correctly :-D...
favouritemalevoice
Noob
Noob

Postby baht habit on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:20 pm

favouritemalevoice wrote:
Well, quite a far cry from his fear of too much success and being too commercial only a few years later! Pity though, if he weren't so scared of selling big time Mick might not have to face those financial problems due to his illness now...

Regards, Stefanie

I don't often peruse the nostalgia threads, for it isn't much my thing. Is this the sort of talk that takes place here regularly? It doesn't seem fair or accurate to correlate any financial troubles that Mick Karn may have at the present moment with Sylvian's continual trend away from commercial pop. Though I don't know as much as most about the band, I believe that Japan broke up mainly for personal reasons, not over any musical differences which occured. And even more pertinent, Karn engaged in numerous projects with no commercial aspirations. I think Karn has been equally avid at pursuing music of high quality rather than selling to the masses and obviously was capable of making his own decisions. The best example I could think of off the top of my head would be the project he did called Polytown with David Torn and Terry Bozzio. To infer that Sylvian held Karn's financial fate in the balance seems a bit of a stretch.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 pm

baht habit wrote: To infer that Sylvian held Karn's financial fate in the balance seems a bit of a stretch.

Agreed, I also found that an odd post. Highly disagree that Syvian was/is "scared" of commercial success, it just clearly doesn't interest him, and in the early days clearly made him profoundly uncomfortable. Just like Sylvian could have pursued a more commercial path, (and given what we know about him been miserable doing it), Karn could probably have become a full-time session player, and in strictly economic terms might have been fairly well-off doing so. That's not what he wanted to do, obviously.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby favouritemalevoice on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 am

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding, but Steve once said in an interview that he (and not only he) quite regretted the timing of the end of Japan - just when they began to make real money. Of course I am aware of the fact that that may not have been only his brother's decision, and surely Mick could have found other opportunities to earn money. This remark of mine was tongue in cheek and not really meant too seriously.
favouritemalevoice
Noob
Noob

Postby ScottR on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 pm

I dunno Baht. I think mK's financial situation would be much better if the royalties from Japan were more equally distributed amongst them. dS pretty much gets them all regardless of actual contributions. You should read mK's book and you will know exactly where he is coming from. This is what is keeping dS in the black, not recent sales of his new material(s).
ScottR
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia