Selected: new Mick Karn compilation

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Selected: new Mick Karn compilation

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 pm

The cd was released on the 5th of november. I pre-ordered mine weeks back on Mick's site, but haven't got it yet. :(
On Mick's forum, the first (and, up to now, only) reviewer says "the sound/mastering is fantastic" and "the tracks flow quite nicely".
Anybody here got it?
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 am

A good selection of solo tracks but nothing new or rare so I won't be purchasing as I have all of Mick's releases. More aimed at the casual fan.
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 pm

True, there's nothing new, but I'm a maniac and I had to get it!
Anyway, this is what the Administrator wrote on Mick's forum, after some complaining from fans:
"Reading your comments in this thread we'd like to take the opportunity to clarify a few things.
We decided to put “Selected” together as a promotional album to help us open a few new avenues for MK and also serve the new listeners that have been re-discovering MK through Myspace and his other recent side projects. We knew that it would not appeal very much to Mick’s long term following but we wanted to make it available to at least give you the choice of having a copy.
Please also understand that a solo artist like MK is not able to pump out new music very regularly. It sometimes takes Mick years to finish a project and quite frankly it wouldn’t be the same if mediocre tracks were just pushed out for the sake of it. MK needs to be 100% satisfied with his creations before anyone else gets a listen.
Hold on in there, something new will come. It might not be soon but it will come!
All the best
Admin"
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Mick Karn