Steve's website updated and revamped

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Steve's website updated and revamped

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:18 am

It looks fabulous -- I think he has been listening to us fans, ha. All the photos and project-related info can be found in the Journal category now, and he has made photos from the Tin Drum era available for sale via PayPal as well.

I for one suspect I shall be treating myself to an early Christmas gift this year...

http://www.stevejansen.com
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:23 am

Oh my gawd... NO WAY!!!!

That is awesome!! I would love love LOVE to buy some of those images!!

So strange - Before I went to bed last night I was on his site! I for one absolutely LOVED that palm tree picture he had on his page... But this new one is beautiful, too!

Oh, I can't wait to look at those beautiful David Sylvian photo's when I get home...

Thank you for the update!!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:27 am

Silver Moon wrote:Oh my gawd... NO WAY!!!!

That is awesome!! I would love love LOVE to buy some of those images!!

So strange - Before I went to bed last night I was on his site! I for one absolutely LOVED that palm tree picture he had on his page... But this new one is beautiful, too!

Oh, I can't wait to look at those beautiful David Sylvian photo's when I get home...

Thank you for the update!!!

-K-

No problem! I have already picked out the David photo I want, too. I love the one of him drinking orange juice in his kitchen with the Warhol print on the wall...I adore that one. It's just so very slice-of-life....and I think it's funny that he has his Marilyn hanging up by his stove! (I have the same Marilyn, that's another reason why I want this photo, but I don't keep mine up in the kitchen, hee.)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:22 pm

There are some fantastic images for sale and at £125 for a signed print a pretty good deal I reckon. Might have to buy me a couple.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Simonp wrote:There are some fantastic images for sale and at £125 for a signed print a pretty good deal I reckon. Might have to buy me a couple.

I agree on all counts. There are quite a few there that I am also eyeing with great interest, particularly one of Rich and David in the studio...love the way the latter is grinning at the former!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Aww... Just looked at some more of the pics...

... In a few of them, David is fuzzy! :D

Yow! 160 dollers for a print... I really really want one... But I'm flat broke from buying all of my other Japan/Sylvian stuff!!

... Maybe I may get it as a Christmas present if I beg enough!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Simonp on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:18 pm

I dont really think they are expensive to be honest. Considering many of these pics have never been seen before and Steve will be signing all prints I think its a good investment. I remember paying £400 for the portrait Ingird Chavez took of David during the Dead Bees period and when it arrived in the UK i had to pay a further £90 import tax on the bloody thing.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Simonp wrote:I dont really think they are expensive to be honest. Considering many of these pics have never been seen before and Steve will be signing all prints I think its a good investment. I remember paying £400 for the portrait Ingird Chavez took of David during the Dead Bees period and when it arrived in the UK i had to pay a further £90 import tax on the bloody thing.

I must concur! About a month-6 weeks ago, Eil.com was selling a mounted set of 3 photos of David singing that had been taken by Steve circa early 80s, also signed by the latter, and the asking price? $1,500. As badly as I wanted this piece, I knew that that was simply too expensive for me at this time. So I think L125/ $160 is extremely fair, and I have already ordered my early Christmas present....I just couldn't resist.

Kera, I'm sure that Santa will gladly bring you a few of Steve's photos...I have no doubt that you have been a very good girl this year, LOL!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Steve's homepage is looking really nice now. I sometimes think it would be real nice if David maybe had an online journal that he could post the odd thing on from time to time.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:16 pm

Blimey. You think "Special K" is the last thing that Sylvian would eat. He's already mega skinny in this pic...lol

http://www.stevejansen.com/imageshop/10 ... ome_2.html
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Simonp wrote:Blimey. You think "Special K" is the last thing that Sylvian would eat. He's already mega skinny in this pic...lol

http://www.stevejansen.com/imageshop/10 ... ome_2.html

LOL! That rather surprised me too! That's another reason I like this photo -- it's always fun to see what people have in their kitchens, isn't it? :-)

I expect this will take over top spot as my most precious Japan-related item...I can't imagine being able to top this, really.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Simonp wrote:Steve's homepage is looking really nice now. I sometimes think it would be real nice if David maybe had an online journal that he could post the odd thing on from time to time.

Maybe David will be inspired by Steve and we can look for similar revamping on his site as well? That online journal sounds like a great idea to me!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:03 pm

arieleleven wrote:Maybe David will be inspired by Steve and we can look for similar revamping on his site as well? That online journal sounds like a great idea to me!

I just wish David would post some more of his personal musings on life etc. I find him a fascinating character and am always interested in what he has to say about things. Here's hoping!
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Simonp wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Maybe David will be inspired by Steve and we can look for similar revamping on his site as well? That online journal sounds like a great idea to me!

I just wish David would post some more of his personal musings on life etc. I find him a fascinating character and am always interested in what he has to say about things. Here's hoping!

Agreed!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Steve Jansen