Blogs of Steve's recent Japan tour online

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Blogs of Steve's recent Japan tour online

Postby arieleleven on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:51 pm

If someone else has already posted this here elsewhere, forgive me! Tim Elsenburg of Sweet Billy Pilgrim has posted some totally entertaining blogs re: the shows he recently did with Steve in Japan. Great pictures too!

http://www.sweetbillypilgrim.com/blogs/

Enjoy!

P.S. Who knew that Steve hates elevators as much as I do? It must be kismet, ha. :-)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:49 am

Very entertaining, thanks for sharing!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:28 am

krausy wrote:Very entertaining, thanks for sharing!!!

You're welcome! I love the way this man writes, don't you?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, he is fecking hilarious, and he busts on Steve a little which is cool as heck. I put it on my favorites so I can check in from time to time, especially when I need a laugh.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:49 am

krausy wrote:Oh yeah, he is fecking hilarious, and he busts on Steve a little which is cool as heck. I put it on my favorites so I can check in from time to time, especially when I need a laugh.

That's a good idea! I love all that teasing Steve too. The Phil Collins comments and the Spinal Tapian moment in Osaka, though, were my favorite bits, I think (along with him calling Steve a girl for being, um, wary of lifts :-) ).
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:11 pm

You know, I was thinking about that today----elevators can be funky sometimes. I remember a few times at college when I lived in the high rise dorms that had elevators that sometimes they would stop between floors---literally----and the door would open and you would be looking at the nine AND the tenth floor----pretty freaky!!!!!! I sometimes have nightmares with elevators in them doing the same dang thing!!!

I know exactly where Steve is coming from on that one!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:01 am

krausy wrote:You know, I was thinking about that today----elevators can be funky sometimes. I remember a few times at college when I lived in the high rise dorms that had elevators that sometimes they would stop between floors---literally----and the door would open and you would be looking at the nine AND the tenth floor----pretty freaky!!!!!! I sometimes have nightmares with elevators in them doing the same dang thing!!!

Trust me, so do I. I have been terrified of elevators all my life. I honestly don't know how I managed to take the lift at least twice a day, 5 days a week up and down 42 floors when I worked at Merrill Lynch in NYC. I literally had to zone out with my Walkman and pray the entire time. So, I can totally relate to Steve's phobia here because I share it -- and I figure taking the stairs whenever posssible is better for you anyway, ha.

I just thought the gentle ribbing of Steve re: the lifts was rather cute.

I would have been a regular stair-climber if I had lived in your dorm!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:24 am

arieleleven wrote:
krausy wrote:You know, I was thinking about that today----elevators can be funky sometimes. I remember a few times at college when I lived in the high rise dorms that had elevators that sometimes they would stop between floors---literally----and the door would open and you would be looking at the nine AND the tenth floor----pretty freaky!!!!!! I sometimes have nightmares with elevators in them doing the same dang thing!!!

Trust me, so do I. I have been terrified of elevators all my life. I honestly don't know how I managed to take the lift at least twice a day, 5 days a week up and down 42 floors when I worked at Merrill Lynch in NYC. I literally had to zone out with my Walkman and pray the entire time. So, I can totally relate to Steve's phobia here because I share it -- and I figure taking the stairs whenever posssible is better for you anyway, ha.

Probably a good idea these days on that campus---apparently they have themselves a student/pyromaniac setting fires all over the place. No good being in a lift with that going on!!! There has been three fires deliberately set since the semester began, hope they catch the *&$@#@R$ soon!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 am

krausy wrote:
arieleleven wrote:

Probably a good idea these days on that campus---apparently they have themselves a student/pyromaniac setting fires all over the place. No good being in a lift with that going on!!! There has been three fires deliberately set since the semester began, hope they catch the *&$@#@R$ soon!!!!!

Yikes! Which school is this? That's horrible -- I too hope they catch the culprit very, very soon!! Fire is another one of my big fears but I imagine a lot of people must feel this way!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:20 pm

The school is East Carolina University in Greenville.

Get this----when I attended back in 1988/89 or so,they had a fire on the 4th floor of my friend's dorm, then just this year they had a similar fire on the 5th floor of the same dorm!!

The other fires have been set in trash cans inside some of the general classroom buildings. I think if you are trying to make a point, there are other ways to do so without risking human life and damaging public property!!! Go to the weekly soapbox derby or something---jeez!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:00 am

krausy wrote:The school is East Carolina University in Greenville.

Get this----when I attended back in 1988/89 or so,they had a fire on the 4th floor of my friend's dorm, then just this year they had a similar fire on the 5th floor of the same dorm!!

The other fires have been set in trash cans inside some of the general classroom buildings. I think if you are trying to make a point, there are other ways to do so without risking human life and damaging public property!!! Go to the weekly soapbox derby or something---jeez!!!

Good lord! It sounds as if ECU has had at least a couple of pyromaniacs among the student body in recent years! That's so scary. :(

I agree -- get some mental help or at least get a healthier hobby!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

new photos

Postby lisa on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:32 am

hi, has anyone seen the new photo gallery at steve's site?

http://www.samadhisound.com/stevejansen/images/

thought I'd share that with you all.

l.
lisa
Regular
Regular

Re: new photos

Postby arieleleven on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:58 am

lisa wrote:hi, has anyone seen the new photo gallery at steve's site?

http://www.samadhisound.com/stevejansen/images/

thought I'd share that with you all.

l.

I didn't know these were up yet! Thanks so much , Lisa -- I've been looking forward to seeing photos from this tour.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lisa on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:20 pm

you're very welcome! - I'm Lisa from London, by the way. nice to meet you all !!!!!
lisa
Regular
Regular

Postby arieleleven on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:36 pm

lisa wrote:you're very welcome! - I'm Lisa from London, by the way. nice to meet you all !!!!!

It's a pleasure, Lisa -- I am Becky from South Carolina but as you can see, I also answer to Ariel and a few other choice names as well. :-)

Welcome, and have fun!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Steve Jansen