Wallpaper

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

Wallpaper

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:58 pm

I've wanted to do this for awhile, but I sort of forgot about it when my computer got all wonky. :lol:

I'd like to make wallpapers and share them with everyone, using pictures from the gallery. First, I'd like to make sure that doing so is all right with those who've posted their personal pictures.

I figured I'd start off taking requests. I usually make all wallpapers 1024x768, but if you'd like a different size, just let me know. Just tell me what picture(s) you'd like and if there's some certain style you'd like, as well. If you don't that's quite okay, I'll just see it as a nice creative liberty. :D

Here's an example of a collage (what I usually do if photos are too small to make into one large wallpaper). Personally, I'm nitpicky about having icons on the left side, hence the emptiness on that side, but if you like yours differently I can accomodate for that as well.

And three others, in a minimalistic approach:
Un
Deux
Trois!
Last edited by lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:49 pm

Man, that wallpaper is GREAT!! And I have never seen that one big picture before! Can you post that one in the gallery?? It's awesome!!

Love how you combined the pics... And that one pic of David you have on the far left... TOO SEXY.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Thanks. :)

Silver Moon wrote:And I have never seen that one big picture before! Can you post that one in the gallery?? It's awesome!!

You mean the one in the upper-right hand corner? I snagged that from the web somewhere. I'm sure I have it on a CD because I continuously back up my files... I'll have to look for it, though.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby ForgottenRomantic on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:02 pm

I love your wallpapers, the green Duran Duran one is now on my wallpaper. You're really good :D
I've wanted to do this for awhile, but I sort of forgot about it when my computer got all wonky

And now i have met another person who says that LOL!
...:::ForgottenRomantic:::...
ForgottenRomantic
Noob
Noob

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Merci. :)

Gasp! Someone other than me says "wonky", too? I'd venture a guess and say it's my favourite word, ha ha.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:58 pm

Erk, I've been busy and all sorts of forgetful, but I've uploaded two more wallpapers:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38848033/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38854656/

Hope you like. I plan on making more, and of different bands/musicians as well. That Quiet Life one was a right pain to make. I had to clone the textured background to cover the entire wallpaper, ehh.

I'm breaking Deviantart's rules in uploading these, I've just noticed.
:lol: Supposedly you can't use images which you don't own the copyright to, whoops... oh well, I don't care.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:00 pm

your wallpapers are cool, but my images are copyrighted so please don't use any of the personal photos from my gallery. Thanks :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm

Oh, okay. :)

Anyway, I've deleted the wallpapers, because on second thought... isn't basically every image on the internet copyrighted? I did some looking around on Deviantart long before I uploaded anything and that rule is being blatantly broken by anyone and everyone. I didn't think making wallpapers was a big deal but I suppose I won't do it anymore. It makes the bands/music category for wallpapers seem useless, either way. And hell, knowing my luck, I'd probably be the one to get kicked out for it.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:17 pm

Probably the best thing to do, Lastgoldstar. We would not want that to happen to you, especially as you say, everyone seems to do it and somehow get away with it.

You won't have to worry about that from me, I am hopelessy stupid when it comes to computer-aided design---I leave it to the professionals......... :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:30 pm

oh no, that means i'll probably missed out some great wallpapers :(, but i luv the 1st wallpaper :), wonderful job lastgoldstar :)
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to *Bulletin Board*