Adolescent Sex alternative video

Post 'em here!

Adolescent Sex alternative video

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu May 18, 2006 4:38 pm

well, I don't know where to post this exactly, but, anyway, I think it's very interesting and cool.

Maybe some of you had seen it before, but I hadn't. It's a different video for the song 'Adolescent Sex'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlOog0AyWfs&search=sylvian
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sylvian girl on Fri May 19, 2006 10:31 am

you tube never works for me, but is this the video where they're on the tube in london, and this girl turns into david and there's a close up of his eye?? if so, i LOVE that video 8) :-D
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm

sylvian girl wrote:you tube never works for me, but is this the video where they're on the tube in london, and this girl turns into david and there's a close up of his eye?? if so, i LOVE that video 8) :-D

It is!

This is a very neat video, Poisoned_Apathy- thanks!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 4:33 pm

Don't worry about it Sylvian Girl!

I have just updated my video player with the alternate "Adolescent Sex" video- It shoudl be able to work fine for you!

In addition to that, I have also added "Sometimes I feel so low/European Son" Live in Japan- Thanks Moodyb!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sylvian girl on Fri May 19, 2006 4:59 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Don't worry about it Sylvian Girl!

I have just updated my video player with the alternate "Adolescent Sex" video- It shoudl be able to work fine for you!

In addition to that, I have also added "Sometimes I feel so low/European Son" Live in Japan- Thanks Moodyb!

-Kera-

i have seen that video, its on the re-mastered AS album :-) but thanks anyway Kera, i havent seen it for a while so might just go and watch it now 8) and the live in japan version of european son is one of my favourite live performances ever. Mick and David just look so perfectly beautiful.
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 5:03 pm

You have the remastered AS? I have been wanting to purchase them, but I don't really know what's included- Are they fold-out's like the ones made for GTP and Tin Drum? Are there any extras on the CD's, or in the packaging? If so, I would really like to get them!

Thanks,

-Kera-
Last edited by Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby MoodyB on Fri May 19, 2006 5:03 pm

You will notice that Rob is not in the pool with the others...It's because he had a broken leg at the time (as my memory serves).
They originally filmed that to show at one of their live shows at The Rainbow in London (Once again, if my mermory serves me correctly).
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Wow, I didn't know that- Thanks! Also, is that David Sylvian doing the dead man's float? That's too funny.

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sylvian girl on Fri May 19, 2006 5:16 pm

Silver Moon wrote:You have the remastered AS? I have been wanting to purchase them, but I don't really know what's included- Are they fold-out's like the ones made for GTP and Tin Drum? Are there any extras on the CD's, or in the packaging? If so, I would really like to get them!

Thanks,

-Kera-

the AS cd has all the early videos on it, dont rain on my parade, communist china, adolescent sex and then the alternative video to that as well. it is a fold out yeah and contains a couple of lovely photos and some band infomation/mini biography type thing written by Paul Rymer (owner of the nightporter site). the re-mastered OA and QL are pretty much the same and have similar fold out packaging. OA has the sometimes i feel so low video on and a live version of deviation (recorded in japan i think) and it may have a couple of other live songs on the end but i cant remember at this very moment. QL has the QL video of course and then B-side A Foreign Place. Assemblage re-mastered is great too, with european son 12", i second that emotion 12", life in tokyo special remix, life in tokyo 1982 remix and then the i second that emotion video and the life in tokyo one too.

hope that helped :-)
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm

Thanks so much! I am definitly going to purchase those ASAP! I can't wait it sounds excellent!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sylvian girl on Fri May 19, 2006 5:28 pm

they are brilliant and definitely worth buying. Have you heard A Foreign Place before? the quite life one is worth buying just for that song i think!!!
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri May 19, 2006 6:09 pm

I haven't find the remastered three first albums in Spain yet :( I think I'll have to purchase them on the internet or maybe to order them at some music store as imported items [though I think this could be more expensive :wink: ].

Thanks for putting the video up, Kera!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Japan / Sylvian Links