Unpacking my goodies...................

Dolphin Brothers, JBK, Rob Dean, and others...

Unpacking my goodies...................

Postby krausy on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:03 pm

My package arrived from the Burning Shed today, and I now have the following:

Richard's solo work called Things Buried

and the following Porcupine Tree items:

In Absentia w/ bonus cd

Signify 2 cd digipak

Stupid Dream 2 cd special edition

Now I have something to listen to tomorrow as I clean house!!!!! If anyone has heard any of these already, give me a hint or two if you like!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:58 am

Eeh, you lucky girl - lots of lovely listening pleasure there - cant wait to hear what you think of them all - as they are all on my buying list....
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Unpacking my goodies...................

Postby John Trevethan on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:01 pm

krausy wrote:My package arrived from the Burning Shed today, and I now have the following:

Richard's solo work called Things Buried

and the following Porcupine Tree items:

In Absentia w/ bonus cd

Signify 2 cd digipak

Stupid Dream 2 cd special edition

Sorry to take so long responding to this - I've been so busy that I haven't been able to post anything for the last two weeks (but I do log on every day and read all of the new posts!)

I have all of the Porcupine Tree releases that you listed, in fact I just received Stupid Dream a couple of days ago from Burning Shed. I love every one of them, yet they are quite varied: the early stuff is more spacey and psychedelic while the newer ones (In Absentia and Deadwing in particular) are heavier with some metal influences.

Proggrl was a big help to me when I was first discovering this band, I'm sure she can step in here and give more details than I'm able to at the moment. If you like In Absentia then you will certainly like Deadwing.

Although I've only had Stupid Dream for a few days I really like how it fits into the band's evolution. It's not yet as heavy as the newer material, but the songs are a bit shorter and more concise than some of the earlier stuff.

Also, I haven't heard Things Buried but I'm curious about it. That's one thing that I don't like about the Burning Shed site... no audio samples to listen to. (Or did I just not find them?)
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:32 pm

enjoy your goodies doll face!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Thanx dear, and thanks too, John for the comments. I did not see any audio samples on burning shed either, I mainly read the descriptions given and went totally on their opinion, which sometimes gets one in trouble if their opinions are crappy, but in this case I sensed a real trust in what they had to say, and chose those items as they were considered some of the best of the collection available.

Sooo on that note, if anyone else has heard these, feel free to share your feelings on them!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:00 am

ok i feel dumb but what is burning shed??
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Burning Shed is a website to buy alternative music cds, etc. all the items I mentioned I found there. It is based in UK but price is calculated in US dollars etc if necessary. :D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:40 pm

Burning Shed is a Online CD shop for Porcupine Tree and all related artists and more. It is the source of all financial ruin!! :lol:

Check it out here.

Lots of Solo Barbieri stuff in there too.
Re: PTree I have all those releases and more and love every one! You have a pretty fair coverage of their 'periods' with those purchases. Signify being the oldest, a classic PT album! It's a bit more psychedelic, but it has it's heavy moments - some serious guitar riffage popping in there. My favourites would be Sleep of No Dreaming, Waiting (phase 1), Sever and Dark Matter. The Insignifigance tracks (on disc 2) are all worth having!

Stupid Dream I take it you have the 5.1 release? And which In Absentia is it? The 2 CD European one? - ahhhh they are both great albums, no matter what the format!

Let us know if you like them.

Oh and of course Things Buried is a Gem! You done did good, girl!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Ah, thanks Proggrl----I was really hoping I had made good choices and you have assured me of that. And that they are representative of both old and recent is great!!!!

Yep---everything you asked about is what they are---I thought those to be the ones to get first as i had a feeling they would be harder to get later on.....................
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Band Collaborations and Members