From David Regarding The Tour...

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby baht habit on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am

And he also performed "Praise" as well on the last tour.
I've noticed that Sylvian does mention that a 'trio' will be backing him but he makes no mention of Takuma Watanabe. Any specifics known whether the keyboardist is in or out?
So it appears that he is basically doing scaled down renditions of selected songs from his entire career. Like a cross between the intimate retrospective Slow Fire tour and the career encapsulating Everything And Nothing tour. I suppose Sylvian didn't exactly wish for the relatively dour Fire In The Forest tour to be the final chapter of his touring history.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:21 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I love the pic of Steve! *but what's new* ;)

*prepares the salts for arieleven, steer and the other Steve gals* ;)

LOL! Thank you, sweetie. :-) That really is a nice shot, though; I wonder who took it?
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:25 pm

baht habit wrote:And he also performed "Praise" as well on the last tour.
I've noticed that Sylvian does mention that a 'trio' will be backing him but he makes no mention of Takuma Watanabe. Any specifics known whether the keyboardist is in or out?

I haven't looked at the page today, but since this gentleman was included on the tour page as of last night (albeit with no biographical data as yet), I am guessing he will still be in. But maybe this has changed since last night?
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Drake on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:54 am

Feels great to go the first concert of the tour...no spoilers...no ideas about what the man is going to play. This is going to be such an emotional evening. Am I having too high expectations?
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 am

heartofdavid wrote:I wonder why the wording on the main tour page refers to David embarking on a world tour, yet on David's section it specifically mentions Europe. A quibble point, but it is either one or the other.

I thought that too. Especially with all the upset that's caused. As he's not touring "the world" I thought they would have changed the wording by now.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion