Does she still love him....

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: reply

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:53 am

...I don't know a damn thing about baseball... :lol: I think I've said it before, but I think this type of discussions are fine as long as they're respective...and it's being it for what I've read. Anyway, it's not something I'm really insterested in , since it's not very relevant for their works.

I'm with Marcelo...She admired him before she met him!!
Last edited by Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:33 am

baht habit wrote:
I only asked what I believe to be a legitimate question. It seems puzzling to me that a Sylvian fan would treat the personal relationship between he and his ex-wife as if it were possibly some sort of dramatic soap opera...i.e DOES SHE STILL LOVE HIM? Not only do I not understand why a fan would care, but also why a fan would invite possible gossip that may lead to speculation which could be unflattering to the people being discussed.

I appreciate it was not a personal attack. I do think however that Sylvian does open himself up to a certain degree of scrutiny with his work whether it be to do with his philisophical musings or indeed his failed relationship to Ingrid Chavez as was VERY much openly documented in the Blemish recording. I personally am just interested in every aspect of the man and I believe that it is only natural if you appreciate someone's work as much as I do Sylvian's. This is a public forum. I'm pretty sure neither Sylvian or Chavez frequent it. Even if they did, I think neither of them would be hurt by my original post.

So...how many people on here have NO interest whatsoever in Sylvian's life etc....be honest.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:08 pm

obviously, I honestly have no interest. C'mon....there have to be others like me. :)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby marcello09 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:49 pm

baht habit wrote:obviously, I honestly have no interest. C'mon....there have to be others like me. :)

For the most part, I'd say that I'm not interested in an artists' personal life, especially if it's just gossip or speculation. As long as the music speaks to me, that's all that really matters.

Having said that, I've got quite a few biographies and autobiographies of creative musicians, everyone from John Coltrane to Pete Seeger and Gary Numan. It *is* kind of interesting to get their perspectives on the external circumstances that have influenced their work, whether it's for better or worse. Surprisingly, their romantic lives seem to have little impact on their work (David's "Blemish" is obviously an exception). More often then not, their work is their response to whatever "zeitgeist" happens to be in the air at whatever given moment. And sometimes their motivation is purely financial -- they've got mortgages to pay and families to feed, and they've got to get a record out to pay the bills. I hate to shatter the illusion, but the inspiration behind a lot of great music is often nothing more than a paycheck!

So the Ingrid and David saga doesn't really interest me, but the speculation is mostly harmless fun, so have at it. And if anyone digs up Ingrid's phone number in the process, be sure to pass it along, k? ;-)
marcello09
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sheisnot on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:19 pm

krausy wrote:Well then, I guess I won't pick on the mis-spellings of the artist's names in that list, although I must admit I find it humorous if that was HER error. :lol:

She is a notoriously bad speller. She just can't ever use the right form of its/it's and that drives me BATTY. :twisted:
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby camphorvan on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:17 am

bAd punk tuation; an spellin drives me nutso too......

Having said that, funny how these conversations are reduced to;

"it's none of our business"
"oh yes it is"
"oh no it isn't!"
"He's behind you!"
(UK residents will get the panto reference)

It IS inevitable that these things are discussed, particularly since their relationship is a huge reference in Blemish etc. So there.

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:38 pm

Silver Moon wrote:
krausy wrote:***krausy creeps back, secretly hoping a frisky bat flies up the night shirt........ :twisted: *********

I think you mean, Batt, right?

;-)

-K-

Omigosh, that never occurred to me, but yeah, I like it............a frisky BATT up the night shirt................how bout two for that matter...........one for each.....................uh hmmm, never mind. :twisted:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:15 pm

oh krausy you dirty b*tch (as hugh grant would say).... I just love it!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion