Theme song to anime "Monster"

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Theme song to anime "Monster"

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:04 am

I have only heard very little about this- But according to the internet, I have found that DS has done a theme song for an anime called "Monster" I do not know the name of the song, or when it was recorded... So, I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. Has anyone heard it before? If so, where can I hear it/purchase it/download it?

Thanks so much!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 pm

I thought this was discussed before. I listed this as one of my favorite David songs ever, on that early thread.

The song is called "For the Love of Life." It was available on japan_pioneers (yahoo) and at brokensky (both links are on the links thread), don't know if it's still on either site.

David did this a few years back, early 2004. "Monster" is an animated series in Japan, based on one of the most popular manga written by Naoiki Urasawa. That manga is now being released in the States, it's up to volume 4. The animated series is also being released here, I don't think that's out yet.

The soundtrack for the series was available on Amazon, David's song is the closing theme. The rest of the soundtrack is instrumental music, very good, composed by Kuniaki Haishima.

If you have a comic shop near you that sells manga, they might also stock soundtracks. Seems Mr. Sylvian enjoys manga and anime.
Last edited by heartofdavid on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:28 pm

The song is called 'For the love of life' and I know it's included in the 'Monster OST' album but I'm not sure if you could find it anywhere else.

It's a very nice song :-)
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 pm

Ok, thanks, guys! I have not seen it on Brokensky, but I will go to Japan-Pioneers tonight and check it out!

Sorry to post the question again, heart, but I honestly do not remember discussing it! Silly me.

Thanks for the info!! I can't wait to hear it!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Japan_pioneers used to have all episodes of the anime as well, I've never seen that. The story is quite dark and intense, the manga is worth checking out.

I don't know how David got involved in that project, it would be interesting to know. I wonder if he's had other offers to do soundtracks or contribute songs to them?
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Crickett on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:43 pm

The whole album rocks actually!!! Yeah I really dig "for the the Love of Life" The vocals and instrumention are wonderful!!!!

I think Sylvian was approached for the project!
Crickett
Regular
Regular

Postby fletchertronics on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:44 am

Crickett wrote:I really dig "for the the Love of Life" The vocals and instrumention are wonderful!!!!

I concur - 'For The Love Of Life' is truly gorgeous. A must for any Sylvian fan.
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to General Discussion