Punkt

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Punkt

Postby missouriman on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Chet wrote:so sad i couldn't be there... but what an ugly head piece!

On sale for $25. Shame he didn't bend the brim a bit and Armani do other less garish baseball caps. Never thought of David as a b'ball cap wearer. America does funny things to a man...
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you for the kind comments about my Punkt postings.

One thing I didn't do was attend the live remix of 'Plight and Premonition'. Somehow I wanted to leave things at the performance of 'P&P' itself.

The remix was by Stephan Mathieu, whom David mentioned in his Facebook posting after the event.

I understand that the remix included sound recordings of some spoken word pieces by David.

Perhaps others attended this and have more information?
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby banyan on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 pm

David & Arve Henriksen - Before and afterlife 'live @ Punkt 2011'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3LxSgH3tSY

Uploaded by Gerrit (davidsylvian.net)
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord Brett on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:24 pm

missouriman wrote:
Chet wrote:so sad i couldn't be there... but what an ugly head piece!

On sale for $25. Shame he didn't bend the brim a bit and Armani do other less garish baseball caps. Never thought of David as a b'ball cap wearer. America does funny things to a man...

What gets me is that he can wear the damed thing and still look better than me on my best day wearing my best clothes!
Lord Brett
Noob
Noob

Postby Serotonin on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

It's a week since I came back from Kristiansand and I haven't come down to Earth yet. I can't express in words all the emotions I felt and I'm still feeling. I would like to thank silentwings for taking the time to write in such detail the events of each day and to post all to us. I read it so many times, I feel like I'm living every moment again.

My decision to go to Norway was mainly on the strength of seeing the live performance of "Plight and Premonition", which is one of my favourite instrumental albums and one I listen to the most. Then, when it was announced that "Cartography" was being included, I was on cloud nine. This is an album I listen to almost everyday since it came out. Each of all the other performances at the festival were truly mesmerizing, but my top ones were "Plight" and "Cartography" plus the Dai Fujikura's works presented by his amazing ensemble... it's incredible the sounds those musicians manage to pull out of their instruments. And of course, everything about the audio-visual installation was truly fascinating!

I just loved the laid-back atmosphere at the two venues; us sitting on the floor for the Atsushi's and David's installation; to be able to chat to the artists during breaks... and I even got a kiss from Paal-Helge Haugen, the Norwegian writer, who read the poem in his idiom.

As for David, he seemed so happy and relaxed amongst his friends and fellow musicians. It was good to see him like that.

Everything was perfect at the Punktfest 2011, very well organised with lots of thoughts going into it, really inspiring. Even the weather was perfect, glorious sunshine and blue skies (most of the time...).

I will never take for granted the opportunity I had to attend such a unique and wonderful event.
x x
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to General Discussion