Has anyone seen Hippy Blood or Elephant Box?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Has anyone seen Hippy Blood or Elephant Box?

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:09 pm

I was just wondering if everyone has seen Ingrid's solo work through the videos on YouTube, i.e., Elephant Box or Hippy Blood. If so what do you think?

I must start by saying one thing, she is very beautiful. That makes me think of another question about David's children.

Has anyone seen any recent photos? Those kids must be gorgeous considering the parents! I am a bit curious - what about you?
"I don't want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming..."
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:52 pm

i haven't seen recent photos but if you look in one of the galleries (not david) on here i posted some photos of the children when they were smaller.
My friend saw david in tower records last autumn with at least one of the girls... could have been both. She said they were really lovely.

I have seen hippy blood.... i think Ingrid's work is ok. Perhaps i'm not seeing the depth there but somehow it doesn't touch me like his does. I have her solo cd and really don't enjoy it as much as i expected to after hearing her work with david.

My personal opinion is if she were to do any recording that she would be wonderful as doing meditational spiritual reading cds. I love listening to her speaking voice... it is very calming and rhythmic.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:22 pm

I've seen those videos but I don't have Chavez's work. To be honest, her phone sex voice kinda gets on my nerves in a couple of David's songs. I will admit that she is very beautiful, and the shots of the girls in the "Time Spent" video shows they are, too.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:11 pm

hhmm, i guess i don't see her as having a phone sex voice.....
I've been told a number of times that i do though. :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion