samadhisound studio equiptment

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

samadhisound studio equiptment

Postby neonico on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 am

question 1 does any one know the samadhisound studio equiptment ...

question 2 on the 2003 tour david and steve had 3.... nordlead 3s... on stage and a roland trigger drum pad ....Roland HandSonic 15 what else did they use on the tour...

hope someone can help with photos or links thx
neonico

Re: samadhisound studio equiptment

Postby Drake on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:55 am

I guess they use Pro Tools. No clue about the rest of the equipment.
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blemished on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi - some bits and pieces that I've identified...

There are some tiny pictures of the Samadhi Sound studio on the Hartmann music website (see link). It shows the Hartmann Neuron synth next to his main desk. They are no longer in business - that synth is a rare and very advanced beast!

http://www.hartmann-music.com/home/us/news/news_2004.html

His speakers (shown above and also in the Samadhi photos) are Earthworks Sigma 6.2 monitors.

I think there is a Rhodes keyboard of some sort, but I can't figure out the other keyboards. Maybe this was taken before he got hold of the Clavia Nord Lead 3 for Blemish - or maybe he no longer has one? There are plenty of guitars but they're not my thing.

The Samadhi website shows links for Digidesign (now Avid) who make Pro Tools, Cycling 74 (software for sound manipulation) and MOTU (their interfaces were used by Steve on tour and he uses the Mach5 sampler). I'm sure there used to be a link to Universal Audio too.

I would love to know more of what David uses out of muso curiosity. Richard's site is wonderfully clear on the subject. I'm also not sure if he still uses the old Samadhisound studio near the family home?
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby neonico on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 am

Blemished wrote:Hi - some bits and pieces that I've identified...

There are some tiny pictures of the Samadhi Sound studio on the Hartmann music website (see link). It shows the Hartmann Neuron synth next to his main desk. They are no longer in business - that synth is a rare and very advanced beast!

http://www.hartmann-music.com/home/us/news/news_2004.html

His speakers (shown above and also in the Samadhi photos) are Earthworks Sigma 6.2 monitors.

I think there is a Rhodes keyboard of some sort, but I can't figure out the other keyboards. Maybe this was taken before he got hold of the Clavia Nord Lead 3 for Blemish - or maybe he no longer has one? There are plenty of guitars but they're not my thing.

The Samadhi website shows links for Digidesign (now Avid) who make Pro Tools, Cycling 74 (software for sound manipulation) and MOTU (their interfaces were used by Steve on tour and he uses the Mach5 sampler). I'm sure there used to be a link to Universal Audio too.

I would love to know more of what David uses out of muso curiosity. Richard's site is wonderfully clear on the subject. I'm also not sure if he still uses the old Samadhisound studio near the family home?

thx

i noticed a waldorf xt rack sitting on one of the keyboards ...i also looked through my 2004 tour vids he has only two nordlead 3 and one nordlead 1 that steve used so i correct myself ....

so here is the Blemished and neonico samadhisound equiptment list so far

1. nordlead 3
2. nord rack 3
3. nordlead
4. waldorf rack xt
5. hartmann neuron
6. rodes keyboard
7. Roland HandSonic 15
8. pro tools cycling 74 software
9. mac computer or labtop
10. motu Mach5 sampler
1ß. Audio
M-Audio Keystation 61es - 61-Key Semi-Weighted USB Midi Controller

11.Earthworks Sigma 6.2 monitors
12. plenty of guitars but not my thing too.

not bad for the start thx blemished :smt006

and here is my studio list...

1. roland sh101(had this since i was a kid)
2. tb303
3. 808
4. 909
5. roland jx-305
6. waldorf rack xt
7. norlead (i want a nord 3 but cost a fortune because its not made anymore)
8. juno 60
9. mb33
10.vf11
11. intelligate
12. korg kaoss pad
13. asus labtop
14. motu
15, ibm computer
16.logi tech moniters
17. cubase software for the old school synthie fans
Last edited by neonico on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neonico

Postby neonico on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:06 pm

i found another instrument

a Audio
M-Audio Keystation 61es - 61-Key Semi-Weighted USB Midi Controller

wow :-D its on the 2004 tour vid
neonico

Postby Blemished on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:29 pm

I've also spotted an Eventide Ultra Harmonizer - probably a 3500 - on the Samadhi sound video of the recording of Snow Borne Sorrow (just behind David reading his book) - this is a well-regarded effects (reverb, delays, pitch etc) box.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to General Discussion