New releases at Samadhisound

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

New releases at Samadhisound

Postby Simonp on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 am

MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New releases at Samadhisound

Postby qdes on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 am

Finally!

Can't say that I'm a big fan of them releasing everything on the same day, since it's much harder to give attention to three albums at the same time. For Samadhi, I can see why they chose such path.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Adrian on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:15 am

fine with me - saves postage. Also, not much is released traditionally in the summer, so these will get my undivided attention...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm listening to the samples on Samadhi and I'm very very pleased with what I've heard so far. I'm not a great fan of Akira Rabelais' 'Spellewauerynsherde', but 'Caduceus' sounds much more appealing.
And what about "Samadhisound founder David Sylvian" writing "the titles for each piece and the album as a whole" for Jan Bang? A perfect groom for the Samadhi stable.

P.S. The covers look great, too.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby banyan on Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

The Wall Street Journal Blog

David Sylvian: Three New Records From His Indie Label

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/05/ ... die-label/
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby qdes on Wed May 26, 2010 10:33 am

Got all three today, just listening for the first time. The covers look absolutely beautiful and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Adrian on Wed May 26, 2010 3:11 pm

slightly off topic, but I as someone who buys all of Samadhi's releases (and hasn't been disappointed yet) have just noticed that I seem to be missing a release, ss0014, between the Thomas Feiner & Anywhen, and Sweet Billy Pilgrim discs. Was this a glitch or something they've just not gotten around to releasing yet? Or will it be Sleepwalkers. Anyone here in the know?
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Wed May 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Adrian wrote:slightly off topic, but I as someone who buys all of Samadhi's releases (and hasn't been disappointed yet) have just noticed that I seem to be missing a release, ss0014, between the Thomas Feiner & Anywhen, and Sweet Billy Pilgrim discs. Was this a glitch or something they've just not gotten around to releasing yet? Or will it be Sleepwalkers. Anyone here in the know?

Though I am not sure if it was ever officially numbered, I suppose that ss0014 may be the second edition of the Samadhi Sound sampler, The World Is Everything, which was made available on the site.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu May 27, 2010 5:12 pm

baht habit wrote:
Adrian wrote:slightly off topic, but I as someone who buys all of Samadhi's releases (and hasn't been disappointed yet) have just noticed that I seem to be missing a release, ss0014, between the Thomas Feiner & Anywhen, and Sweet Billy Pilgrim discs. Was this a glitch or something they've just not gotten around to releasing yet? Or will it be Sleepwalkers. Anyone here in the know?

Though I am not sure if it was ever officially numbered, I suppose that ss0014 may be the second edition of the Samadhi Sound sampler, The World Is Everything, which was made available on the site.

http://www.davidsylvian.net/releases/regulars/16-specials/1155-the-world-is-everything-tour-brochure-cd-2007.html
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Fri May 28, 2010 5:50 am

ah - thanks guys!
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 am

I have received these 3 releases and have listened to them once each - I'll post my first impressions.
- Caduceus by Akira Rabelais: this is a much better album than Spellewauerinsherde, but I find it a bit uneven (harsh tracks and soft tracks - I also still have a hard time with his obscure leanings in track titles and artwork, which doesn't have to do with the music, but does for me take away a bit from it strangely enough. This will need and will get more listens, and will click eventually.
- ...Poppies... by Jan Bang: reminds in places of the Punkt album 'Crime Scenes', a great 'new-jazz' (or whatever the genre is) album - I love the flow of it - it will be a pleasure listening to this one over and over in the coming months
- Egrets by Toshimaru Nakamura: I hda high hopes for this and wasn't disappointed, on the contrary this is the pick of the three for me - I already know this will be in my top ten (probably top 5) of this year. Standout track is track 5, which is much like 'Imaoto' by Filip and Malfatti on the Erstwhile label (which is one of my favorite albums of all time)

People who like the instrumental side of Manafon will love in particular the Jan Bang and Toshi albums. Rabelais' disc will be loved by people who are into Fennesz' Venice album.

So there - two cents of humble opinion, about three priceless albums...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:49 am

Got all three, but so far finding that it's Jan Bang's that has been on constant play since it arrived. It's probably the most accessible and really very good...great atmospheres...highly recommended
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to General Discussion