Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Postby Astronaut on Mon May 10, 2010 4:39 pm

missouriman wrote:"RUMOURED." Who know for sure?

Well here are some stats for you:

Justify My Love single version total worldwide sales = 3,050,000
Included on Immaculate Collection 1991 total worldwide sales = 23, 000, 000
It was also the highest selling video-single of all time (can't imagine why ... :wink: )

Ingrid settled out of court with Kravitz for a co-writing credit and a quarter of the royalties. Whatever way you look at it, this amounts to a lot of dollars. Not bad for some ropey old love letters.

See: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,315180,00.html

Also for those still interested:

Feb 1991:
The controversy over Madonna's ''Justify My Love'' video may have cooled, but now there are disputes over the song itself. The credits on the record say the song was cowritten by Madonna and rocker Lenny Kravitz, who also produced the single.
But Ingrid Chavez, an actress-singer who was the female lead in the Prince movie Graffiti Bridge, says she wrote most of the lyrics.
Kravitz now publicly acknowledges Chavez's contribution, for which she's receiving one- quarter of the songwriting royalties.
Chavez is satisfied with this arrangement, even though she says the finished Madonna version of the song is practically a heavy-breath-for-heavy-breath copy of Chavez's original demo tape. ''Lenny told me he was obsessed about getting it the same,'' she says.
So why didn't he use Chavez? ''Because Madonna can make more money,'' Chavez says.
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Postby missouriman on Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Interesting facts Ma'am. Interesting facts. ;-)
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion