Band of Gold

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Band of Gold

Postby Astronaut on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:27 pm

missouriman wrote:I doubt David smells Irish. What is that anyway? Guinness? Potatos? Blarney? Peat? I love the science of perfume making and wonder what we could use to capture the essential David Sylvian aroma. Any ideas play mates?

:smt006 That's why I asked the question in the first place! I've no idea what Neonico means by "something Irish" your suggestions are good ones but, no, I don't think any of those would count towards the 'essential' Scent of Sylvian! Hmmm, good question. What would we use to make such a scent? Since his suits (when he bothers to wear them these days) are always sharply tailored with clean lines, I think his scent should reflect that so I guess the cedar/pine thing would work, but maybe it needs softening a little? How about Sandalwood? Any other ideas :?:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Astronaut wrote:
missouriman wrote:I doubt David smells Irish. What is that anyway? Guinness? Potatos? Blarney? Peat? I love the science of perfume making and wonder what we could use to capture the essential David Sylvian aroma. Any ideas play mates?

:smt006 That's why I asked the question in the first place! I've no idea what Neonico means by "something Irish" your suggestions are good ones but, no, I don't think any of those would count towards the 'essential' Scent of Sylvian! Hmmm, good question. What would we use to make such a scent? Since his suits (when he bothers to wear them these days) are always sharply tailored with clean lines, I think his scent should reflect that so I guess the cedar/pine thing would work, but maybe it needs softening a little? How about Sandalwood? Any other ideas :?:

Definitely Pine as I read he wore pine years ago and it is hard to drop your fave smells. Sandalwood is good. Nag Champra cos of the Guru. Some citrus: proabably Peach. I think Vetiver and a dash of watermelon. A real sharp fruit followed by the deep pungent tones. I think he would go for that. That or Old Spice. :D
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 am

i would tip for sandalwood....... :-D :-D
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Missouriman, really - OLD SPICE!!! Eeeeeuuuugggghhh!!! Oh dear, I feel a bit ill now ... :smt078

Next thing we know you'll be suggesting he wears 'Hai Karate' or 'Denim' or 'Brut' or some other deeply disgusting overpowering macho essences of the 1970's. Oh no I feel ill again ... :lol:

I like the idea of citrus tones, a slight infusion of peach - yeah that could definitely work with sandalwood. :smt023
I can just imagine him wafting through the New Hampshire forests leaving the scent of Sylvian hanging in the air ... :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion