Band of Gold

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Band of Gold

Postby darkerbird on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 pm

When I read the Wire interview, the main thing that i took from it was that Sylvian claims he spends 90% of him time alone. Whilst this can sometimes seem an appealing prospect (I've got two kids under 9 that i love to pieces, but sometimes.....) I'm sure i would get cabin fever pretty quickly. I also noticed that on the main picture on the first page of the article, he is wearing a ring on his 'wedding finger'. Can we assume from this scrawny information that our hero is still emotionally attached to his ex-wife? I'm not being prurient here, just concerned for the lad! I'm guessing the marriage floundered about 5-6 years ago just before Blemish, has there been no-one else???
Paul
darkerbird
Regular
Regular

Re: Band of Gold

Postby neonico on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm

darkerbird wrote:When I read the Wire interview, the main thing that i took from it was that Sylvian claims he spends 90% of him time alone. Whilst this can sometimes seem an appealing prospect (I've got two kids under 9 that i love to pieces, but sometimes.....) I'm sure i would get cabin fever pretty quickly. I also noticed that on the main picture on the first page of the article, he is wearing a ring on his 'wedding finger'. Can we assume from this scrawny information that our hero is still emotionally attached to his ex-wife? I'm not being prurient here, just concerned for the lad! I'm guessing the marriage floundered about 5-6 years ago just before Blemish, has there been no-one else???
Paul

unfortunately no search in ingrids stuff ......
neonico

Postby TrangLee on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 pm

:? :? :?
I don't thing it's a good thing for David to be like that...
I respect him as a man of unbelievable faith for his wife. Looks like if Mrs. Chavez invented a new religion he would be her faithful.

I'm sorry.
I am new here :"> And I can't speak English very well.
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 am

People wear rings for any number of reasons. One of the members of the band I worked with from the 80's wore a wedding ring even though he has never been married. Drove some of the female fans crazy, until one day someone asked him about it. He said it belonged to a family member he was very close to who had passed on and he wore it for sentimental reasons.

David and Ingrid were together a long time and have two children, so I'm sure his ring has sentimental value to him. There's probably a comfort and familiarity to it for him, whether or not he still has feelings for Ingrid. It may mean "Everything or Nothing"...only he knows for sure. :)
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TrangLee on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 am

Maybe.
My dad never wear wedding ring and neither does my mom. But I wear my mom's wedding ring, I find it interesting.

But why his new songs always have something reminds me of Ingrid???
Come on...
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:59 am

Yeah, my dad never wore his ring either because he was an auto mechanic and was concerned it might cause him to get injured at work. One of my great nieces is 14 but looks 20 and is very beautiful. She has so many guys hitting on her all the time she wears an inexpensive CZ wedding band set to "keep down the wrestling matches" as she puts it. :)

But I agree with you, Trang. A lot of his songs are about Ingrid and their break up, no denying that.
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:32 am

darkerbird wrote:When I read the Wire interview, the main thing that i took from it was that Sylvian claims he spends 90% of him time alone. Whilst this can sometimes seem an appealing prospect (I've got two kids under 9 that i love to pieces, but sometimes.....) I'm sure i would get cabin fever pretty quickly. I also noticed that on the main picture on the first page of the article, he is wearing a ring on his 'wedding finger'. Can we assume from this scrawny information that our hero is still emotionally attached to his ex-wife? I'm not being prurient here, just concerned for the lad! I'm guessing the marriage floundered about 5-6 years ago just before Blemish, has there been no-one else???
Paul

If I was a betting man, I'd say there has been no one else, and he doesn't want anyone else. For a rock star and 'world's most handsome man' I don't think he was ever highly sexed. As drop dead gorgeous as Chavez was (and is), I don't it's this aspect of her that he is still craving for.

It is slightly unusual for him still to pine the way he does after 7 years. But I'm sure he wears the wedding ring still as some sort of show of his endless devotion to Chavez who - as recently as 2007 at the very least per the lyrics to The World Is Everything - he's still trying to win back!

I'm concerned for the lad too.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby TrangLee on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 am

Gracie, can't agree with you more!

But Ingrid is not drop dead gorgeous. I do look better than her. I'd like to say that she has great voice and charm. But she's not gorgeous. A hem.
Poor Dave. Wonder if he has seen "By The Water".
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

TrangLee wrote:Gracie, can't agree with you more!

But Ingrid is not drop dead gorgeous. I do look better than her. I'd like to say that she has great voice and charm. But she's not gorgeous. A hem.
Poor Dave. Wonder if he has seen "By The Water".

I agree i look better than her also she reminds me of janet jackson copy....
neonico

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 am

TrangLee wrote:But Ingrid is not drop dead gorgeous. I do look better than her.

neonico wrote:i look better than her also.

She looks better than me, though.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:21 pm

inkinthewell wrote:

:lol:

Anyone who thinks they're better looking than Miss Chavez feel free to put your case forward via jpeg. And don't worry about a potential whitewash of negative votes - there are enough 'DS can do not wrong' people on here who will back you up purely as a screw you gesture to the little heartbreaker.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Haldeman Gracie wrote:
inkinthewell wrote:

:lol:

Anyone who thinks they're better looking than Miss Chavez feel free to put your case forward via jpeg. And don't worry about a potential whitewash of negative votes - there are enough 'DS can do not wrong' people on here who will back you up purely as a screw you gesture to the little heartbreaker.

look in my personal fotos ok...

should i send you some erotic stuff or what ?
Last edited by neonico on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
neonico

Postby neonico on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:29 pm

inkinthewell wrote:

No i dont agree you have the most amazing arura...and kind and sensitive and and and...you never look hard and angry

just soft and pretty.... :-D :-D :-D
neonico

Postby natsume on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:22 pm

inkinthewell wrote:

Creepy!
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:04 pm

neonico wrote:No i dont agree you have the most amazing arura...and kind and sensitive and and and...you never look hard and angry

just soft and pretty.... :-D :-D :-D

Cheers. :-D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion