Where is the best place to buy David's CDs?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Where is the best place to buy David's CDs?

Postby Hawk on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:32 am

Hello. I am sure there must be another topic like this somewhere but I can't seem to find it...so if anyone could help I would be most grateful!

I am becoming more educated about making sure I support artists when buying their CDs and now there are so many websites on the internet where one can buy or download music I am not quite sure where to go next when building my David Sylvian collection. I don't want to just take take take as I know Mr Sylvian makes a point about supporting artists in many of his interviews...and I never really realised what it meant before so, now I know, I will try my hardest to make sure I don't buy anything without checking!

Thing is, no music shops in my area have any of his CDs...in fact, the people at HMV didn't even know who he was... :( so I think buying online is my best bet. I have looked on the SamadhiSound website but the prices are all in US dollars...is there any way of paying by UK currency? (bearing in mind I am still quite old-fashioned and reluctant to set up a PayPal account...)

I usually buy my CDs from Amazon.co.uk but does anyone know how much profit actually goes to the artists?

I am also not especially well off money-wise :oops: at the moment so, if at all possible, I don't want to be paying heaps for postage and packaging... I like Amazon because of the special offers it has on CDs but is no good if I am not supporting Mr S...

Thanks if you can help! :-)
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:57 am

obviously if you buy directly from amazon and not one of amazons dealers or used section then some profit will eventually make it to david.

i have to be honest here... if i want the music i'm going to buy it from where i can afford it and not worry about whether david is going to get a check for 2 cents....

iTunes also has some of davids material and i have purchased a good deal from them.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Aha that's very useful godisinthesilences - thank you! Was beginning to wonder whether I'd asked a stupid question... :oops: I will go for Amazon then.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:55 am

no worries... the way music is distributed today is so different from years ago. More music is available for us all and that really is what is essential... we get to discover so many different artists now from all around the world. I think more so than ever before. I value that :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion