just if...

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby E.T. on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:31 pm

start to confused :smt120
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 pm

becky wrote: One gets the strong impression from her poems that the only thing poor David did wrong was to maybe spend too many hours holed away in his home studio trying to fathom out how to program his new studio equipment. Seems she started feeling a bit neglected and so went off and had a dalliance to spice her life up a bit... Sylvian found out, and she realised she'd wrecked everything and ended up regretting it, but by that time it was too late..the damage had been done.

This is pure speculation on your part.

As Gods has already said there are 2 sides to each story, sometimes more than 2, in this case at least 3. None of us knows what went on within their marriage and quite honestly I for one have no desire to know because it's none of my business. I'm not trying to defend Ingrid, I do not know enough about her to do that and I'm definitely no fan of her work, whether it be her breathy, asthmatic vocal style or her poetry, which I find fatuous at best, and at it's worst, totally purile.
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Astronaut wrote: I'm definitely no fan of her work, whether it be her breathy, asthmatic vocal style or her poetry, which I find fatuous at best, and at it's worst, totally purile.

well i need to go dig out my dictionary and figure out what fatuous and purile mean. (I'm tired out and big words are beyond me tonight)

I don't necessarily dump on other people's artwork or form of expression. I may not like it but i'm not going to put down some elses efforts since I am well acquainted with the amount of work internally that goes into all works of art. Critiquing is one thing ... judging is another.
By the way Ingrid's level of photographic skill is top notch and incredibly insightful in many instances.
And, I actually enjoy her vocal additions to david's work, especially when i hear the music without it. There is a wonderful sense of connection and caring embodied in it for me.

I have no idea what went on in their marriage but I believe I read an article in which david said he wanted to stay married and with her and she wanted the divorce. Then again... who knows. Ain't my business...but it's human to be curious.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:05 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:I am well acquainted with the amount of work internally that goes into all works of art.

By the way Ingrid's level of photographic skill is top notch and incredibly insightful in many instances.

And, I actually enjoy her vocal additions to david's work, especially when i hear the music without it. There is a wonderful sense of connection and caring embodied in it for me.

Before I start let me say thanks for the PM Gods!

Point 1. So am I that is why I find it so irritating when talented artists are left without a means of exhibiting/performing their work, whilst those of a lesser talent get by very well simply because they have the right connections.

Point 2. I havent seen Ingrids photos so I cannot pass comment.

Point 3. This is just a matter of preference Gods, you like her vocal style, I don't. Simple as that. No right or wrong on that one!
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:20 am

ingrids fotographic work is truely amazing, she is very talanted with portraits. the foto from david in the red jacket walking down the street
is from ingrid. the foto series which is black and white is also by ingrid.
side 5 in the photogallery.
neonico

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:37 am

i wasn't actually speaking of her photographic work of david. Yes she is very good at photographing david, but she has done some other quite amazing work.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Moonshadow on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:39 am

godisinthesilences wrote:hhmm well I like Ingrid and I wouldn't mind hearing about her life. I don't need to know all the intimate details of her time with david, but I like autobiographies and am always curious to read them.
No I don't think anything would be lost for me about David, since there are always two sides to any story and it isn't coming from him.
I recently read Andy Taylor's biography and it didn't make me think badly of any of the member's of DD. It was respectfully done. I guess it did sort of bring a level of reality to it all and has enabled me to release some stuff from the past.
I find that reading an autobiography isn't just about the people but also about a certain time and culture... It is just very appealing to me. I like to see how other's perceived things of a certain era.
So guess I'm the only one here who enjoys that?

I agree with this. I wouldn't mind reading it as long as it's written with love and respect and even if they are not together I can not think Ingrid would write lies or angry things about his life with David, if she ever write something like that.

And it's like godisinthesilences said, is not only about the preson who wrote this fragment of life, but also the time and culture when this life took part of... Like Andy's autobiography (BTW I enjoyed that it wasn't perfectly written, it was more like a journal) was his life with Duran, was about the 80 and was about new romantic in a certain way.

I really enjoy reading autobiographies and biographies, sometimes helps you understand not the person but the moment... Now you have a space and time point of view, something poetry or lyrics can not give you (believe me I write poetry and not all the time you tend to remember why did you write what you wrote)
Moonshadow
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to General Discussion