I dream of Sylvian

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby arieleleven on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:54 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:it is about time you posted again Becky!!!!!

Yeah..it's been a lot longer than I ever meant for it to be, lol! :roll: I look forward to making my way through all the posts that have been put up in my absence. :-D

Is there a forum yet for Steve's Slope remixes?
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 am

i remember them mentioned somewhere... keep looking you'll find them. If not create your own.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: I dream of Sylvian

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 pm

This is what I dreamt last night:
David and I were teenage friends on summer holidays. We were staying in a villa by the sea or a lake in a place called Sicuto. It must have been close to an airport, because, as we walked through the town, chatting about I don't remember what, loads and loads of airplanes were casting their shadows on tall buildings. We stopped by the water, and David was telling me how unsure he was about doing something (he never mentioned it, but I knew the subject was: going out with a girl that evening). I told him it was ok, and that I was going to do it too. He seemed relieved, took three very beautifully crafted letters out of his pocket, and tore them. We walked back to the villa.

I'm not sure what this means, but: 1) I checked on the atlas and on google, and Sicuto doesn't seem to exist; 2) the airplane shadows are a reference to the Small Metal Gods video; 3) the tearing up of those beautiful letters makes me think: "There goes my Manafon deluxe edition (and SimonP's and Sonic_Chronicler's - check the "Manafon ltd edit - help needed!!" thread :D)", which hasn't arrived yet. Come to think of it, that was no dream, it was a blinking nightmare!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:49 pm

I had a dream about dear ol' Dave last night, too! (The first one in a long, long time...) I had a dream that the grocery store where I work had a 'nationwide contest'... Whatever store could prove that they had the most DS fans would win an exclusive Manafon concert!!!! Everyone know I loved DS, so they rallied together to make sure we won... Sure enough, an orange-skinned, refridgerator-white talk show host guy busts in with confetti and balloons to announce that 'WE'VE WON THE MANAFON SWEEPSTAKES!" and that David Sylvian is preparing for a show in the parking lot right now back in our break room! I am so freaked, I sneak back to the break room to see DS perched on a stool surrounded by women putting makup on him... He rises from the chair, I am so afraid to speak but he starts to walk out. I start to say something but on his way walking out he bumps into be without even saying "pardon me" or "I'm sorry" or even "my bad, yo..." and I feel really bad. I forget about it soon and the whole parking lot is filled with people with a stage in the middle of it.... Pretty soon... He walks out and says "Hey Nashville, are you ready for some art?!?" And the crowd screams... While I secretly think "They aren't gonna like this..." DS motions for the musicians (From Manafon) to get on stage... They start playing... Everyone starts looking at each other and whispering. Once the show is over, I see me and my family are the only ones left.... When he's done he says "Glad that's over..." on his way off the stage, I see another opportunity to pour my heart out to him.... I open my mouth to say something when he sees my hoodie and raises his eyebrow. "Tennessee? ... I hate the Vols..." he says snidely and pushed by me yet again!!! ... Then I woke up.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

:lol: :smt044
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Hawk doesn't usually dream of 'real' people but last night he dreamt he met David Sylvian, Ingrid Chavez and all of Japan (except Rob Dean...I don't remember him being there). It was quite an ordinary dream compared to most... First I remember walking down a country lane with Steve. There were green hedgerows on either side that were blossoming but there were also the remains of a snowfall so I'm not sure what time of year it was... the dream world is timeless I suppose. We talked about films and photography and the weather and birds (there were lots of birds flying about) and then about what we were going to do for the rest of the day. It was mid afternoon so Steve said Ingrid would be making supper soon, and then I could meet her and we would go for a walk up the hill when the sun set.

It seemed they all lived in the same house - it was an old house that was quite narrow with many storeys and a chimney, and very low ceilings. I passed Mick when Steve and I walked in but he was in a hurry as he had to be somewhere. It's funny - I think Steve must have been his self around the beginning of the 1990s, whereas Mick was his current self. Then Rich came in from outside, muttered a quick hello and disappeared off somewhere. He was still his young Japan self. I knew Sylvian was upstairs because I could hear his guitar playing faintly, although he had his door shut and probably hoped no-one could hear him. Steve went to talk to Ingrid, who was feeding a sleek tabby cat in the kitchen, and I went for a wander around the house.

At that point I remembered that I was in a dream. Usually it hits me earlier than that but I can't have had my lucid goggles on... Anyway, I remembered that Mick was very ill in 'real life' so I went out looking for him but his car was gone. I waited for a bit and asked the man who rules the skies whether he could find him. But it suddenly turned very cold and wintry and started snowing heavily so I went back inside.

I wandered upstairs and passed Sylvian on the landing but he seemed to have his mind on something else so didn't see me. He was his early 2000s self, with longish hair but no beard. He padded quickly into a room that was full of boxes and things, colourful blankets and musical instruments and gears and bits of computers and all sorts of treasures and began searching for something. I asked him if I could help but he said softly "no no I'm fine" so I left him to it.

I went downstairs to talk to Ingrid for a bit and it was calmer and the sun came out... but then I started to wake up and things got all confused. Before I woke up I remember wishing I'd managed to find Mick and I hoped he was doing okay...

What a nice bedtime story... sorry it wasn't very exciting. I should have tried to speak to David.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to General Discussion