Is This the Woman That Ruined David And Mick's Friendship?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Is This the Woman That Ruined David And Mick's Friendship?

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:59 am

http://www.myspace.com/akikoyano

Was this the person that Mick dated? And then moved in with David? She sang on the Oil on Canvas album, and basically ruined those two tracks that she sang back up on...

If so I am going to send her obscene pictures, and messages.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:44 am

NO!!
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:36 am

The person you're thinking of was Yuka Fuji; someone who strangely has always been involved in the imagry of Sylvian. After they split circa '87/'88, she continued to be involved with David's career; possibly because she is either a director and/or shareholder in Opium (Arts), David's management & publishing company that he set up post-Japan.
I must admit I've never seen a really clear photo of her, ever and would be fascinated to know what she looks like. She's got to be a bit of a babe - she not only went out with David and Mick, she started off with Steve. Some say it was her who was responsible in the end for the demise of Japan; comparisons to Yoko Ono on a postcard, please!

C x
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:21 am

I've seen a couple of pictures of Yuka, be damned if I can find one when I just went looking.

Maybe I am being a bit catty...heck I am female after all, but from what I remember of the photos there was nothing that jumped out at me as being different from any other japanese girl/lady I have seen. Maybe it was something else??

Although I would love to put (a rather rude) question to her... why not go out with Richard too??
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:13 am

camphorvan wrote:I must admit I've never seen a really clear photo of her, ever and would be fascinated to know what she looks like.

There are a few pictures of her in the various galleries here. This is one of them: http://www.japansylvian.com/forum/album ... pic_id=835

Mick made a comment about her once (shortly after she'd moved in with David) to the effect that he, Steve and David all liked older women - I know she's at least 6 years older than Mick.

I believe she's also a director of Samadhisound.

As for ruining Mick and David's friendship, I think the killer to that was the Rain Tree Crow sessions - pretty much trashed all the band's relationships, even Steve and David's for 5 or 6 years - and the other three blamed David for that.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:27 am

For someone who ruined Japan, she's no oil on canvas is she? heh heh
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:37 am

camphorvan wrote:For someone who ruined Japan, she's no oil on canvas is she? heh heh

Yeah, I like the first one better... :lol:
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby John Trevethan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:53 pm

ellyn sylvian wrote:Maybe I am being a bit catty...heck I am female after all, but from what I remember of the photos there was nothing that jumped out at me as being different from any other japanese girl/lady I have seen. Maybe it was something else??

Actually I think that she was very worldly and artistic (probably from being a bit older than David and Mick, and also coming from another culture). I read that it was Yuka who first introduced David to jazz, and of course this became a very prominent feature in the direction of David's work.

Let's not be too judgmental without knowing all of the facts. :wink:

Also, from the gallery here is a pic of Mick with a sculpture casting of Yuka.

And another one.

And yet another.
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby camphorvan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:11 pm

Hiya John. I'll be as judgemental as I like, ok?

Thankyou. Please come again.

Tatty bye

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:47 pm

I like the statue better...it doesn't have the ability to ruin my favorite bands.
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 pm

how about we play nice like we always do here?

I don't think any one person broke up japan... i think they just imploded over time. Happens with lots of very strong personalities and opinions....

And to some extent we need to be thankful to Yuka cause she took some of the most gorgeous photos of david :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:51 am

I figure I have never met her, and doubt I ever will. So "good journeys" to her. (That's a positive expression btw in case you hadn't heard it before.)

And maybe she had a quality that all three needed at some point. Anyway the whole Yuka/Japan thing is like Yoko/Beatles. One woman gets blamed when really it is just a clash of personalities all around, I always believe if it wasn't Yuka, it would have been someone else.

As for breaking up friendships between Mick and David, I think, from what I read over the years, the two did a very good job of that all on their own.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:34 am

ellyn sylvian wrote:And maybe she had a quality that all three needed at some point. Anyway the whole Yuka/Japan thing is like Yoko/Beatles. One woman gets blamed when really it is just a clash of personalities all around, I always believe if it wasn't Yuka, it would have been someone else.

As for breaking up friendships between Mick and David, I think, from what I read over the years, the two did a very good job of that all on their own.

You said it just right :-).
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:53 pm

She appears in the Visions Of China video and I met her at The Royal Festival Hall in 1995 during Sylvian's Slow Fire tour and she seemed really nice
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion