How do you show your love?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

How do you show your love?

Postby kinki on Mon May 22, 2006 5:43 am

OK, just wondering how overt your Japan-love is...? Are your houses bedecked with posters/photos/desktops/memorabilia etc, or are you more subtle in your adoration...?:D

I have a steadily increasing collection of posters/photos creeping onto my walls....and I love it! It's like being a grown-up teenager..
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon May 22, 2006 6:59 am

Well, if it counts, I have the photo of Sylvian that came from the Camphor sleeve up at work. I haven't really deco'd the home office/music room yet. Well, the CD wall is really a work of art in itself, but.... I'd like to get some things up on the walls. I have a few things lined up for it, and some Sylvian items are in the stack. When it's done I'll have to post piccies.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: How do you show your love?

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon May 22, 2006 7:33 am

kinki wrote:
I have a steadily increasing collection of posters/photos creeping onto my walls....and I love it! It's like being a grown-up teenager..

Really?? That's really cool!! I mean, I've never understand why you have to leave your hobbies or passions when you're an adult. It's completely nonsense!! The things you love are part from you and defines a very important part of your personality, I think. :-)

I have photos on my wall too , and I also wear badges :) and can't stop speaking about them!!! :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon May 22, 2006 8:46 am

I share all of your feelings. I used to "suppress" my love of music by decorating my house in a more conventional decor, but as I have gotten older I embraced my passion because, after all, I have had it since I was a child and it is a part of me, a big part, and denying it is like denying myself.

I currently have some posters in my living room but try to use the more "artistic" pieces there. However, my guest bedroom is decorated like a room at the Hard Rock hotel, with framed posters, 8x10's and memoribilia all around.

I just recently purchased a new home and one of the rooms will be my office/music room and you better believe it will be adorned for sure---I am more excited about decorating that room than I am the others, even with the brand new kitchen appliances et al :lol:

I also have a "rock-n-roll" jeans jacket with buttons, patches etc that I wear, and many concert tshirts.

My car has some buttons stuck in the header, including a pic of Japan and one of David.

Some nights at work I take my music dvds in and have them playing while I work. I have turned my coworker onto Japan/Sylvian and it is so cute to hear her hum along :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: How do you show your love?

Postby kinki on Mon May 22, 2006 8:47 am

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:The things you love are part from you and defines a very important part of your personality, I think. :-)

Couldnt agree more...I cant stand this attitude of 'well you're grown up now so you must go all sensible and dull and like grown up things'. YAAAWWWWNNNN!

I mean, as far as Im concerned I am a responsible adult in most areas but when it comes to certain things, well mostly our boys actually :wink: , I will never grow up...and I will just say 'bite me' to anyone who dares criticize.

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:I have photos on my wall too , and I also wear badges :) and can't stop speaking about them!!! :lol:

Fantastic....

I am in the process of enlarging 4 black and white pics from 'A Tourists Guide to Japan' to fill an entire wall in my house.

I have an Adolescent Sex poster up in my kitchen, my Tin Drum cover is up in my study, and I will be shortly be framing my two hitherto rolled up 23 year old posters and putting them up in pride of place to welcome visitors. :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon May 22, 2006 9:05 pm

Well, I often have a Japan wallpaper on my computer, if that counts for anything. 'Tis on my DeviantArt if anyone wants to see. ;-) Or if anyone wants to use it, I'd be glad to upload it as well.

I don't have any posters or art, sadly (I think that's going to change very soon), but I do love stenciling t-shirts and have made three Japan ones that I wear a lot! I'll have to take pictures and put them in my gallery one day soon. As far as posters go, I think I'm going to have Snapfish blow up a few of my favourite photos to hang on the wall. :-D

Oh, and there's a really nice Japan poster on sale here, if anyone hasn't seen it.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 5:33 am

lastgoldstar wrote:Well, I often have a Japan wallpaper on my computer, if that counts for anything. 'Tis on my DeviantArt if anyone wants to see. ;-) Or if anyone wants to use it, I'd be glad to upload it as well.

Very nice wallpaper....I might use it at some point if that's ok?

This is mine at the moment...

lastgoldstar wrote:Oh, and there's a really nice Japan poster on sale here, if anyone hasn't seen it.

Yes Ive been pondering whether to buy that one - I dont think I will need much persuading... :wink:
Last edited by kinki on Wed May 24, 2006 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 pm

kinki wrote:Vary nice wallpaper....I might use it at some point if that's ok?

I don't mind at all! :-D

That was just a screenshot of my desktop, though; here's the link to the actual wallpaper file.

Mmm, I like yours... yum, early Japan. :wink:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Wed May 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Thanks!

Here's my noticeboard at work...right in the middle is this pic of David - one of my favourites...

I am hopeless - a lost cause. :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed May 24, 2006 11:01 pm

kinki wrote:Thanks!

Here's my noticeboard at work...right in the middle is this pic of David - one of my favourites...

I am hopeless - a lost cause. :wink:

Hopeless? Maybe. But cool? Definitely!!!!!!

I would put up pics of David at work too, but when you work with approximately 40 male UPS drivers and they see that, they will make comments that I may just have to respond physically to, or worse yet, take to an artistic expression of their own with a magic marker :evil:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu May 25, 2006 4:58 am

Oh god you couldnt possibly risk anyone defacing any of your precious piccies...

Such a shame though, Anne....you'll just have to adorn your house more instead... :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu May 25, 2006 8:11 am

kinki wrote:Oh god you couldnt possibly risk anyone defacing any of your precious piccies...

Such a shame though, Anne....you'll just have to adorn your house more instead... :D

Yeah baby!!!!!! I am going to have fun doing that when I move next month---I have a whole house to decorate :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu May 25, 2006 10:46 am

Will you be the only one living there? If so, endless fun is in store - you can paint the walls black and red and put giant pics of Japan all over the ceiling and there's no-one to tell you off.....!!!
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu May 25, 2006 12:33 pm

kinki wrote:Will you be the only one living there? If so, endless fun is in store - you can paint the walls black and red and put giant pics of Japan all over the ceiling and there's no-one to tell you off.....!!!

That sounds fabulous!!!!! What is your fee, I 'll have you cross the pond and be my decor consultant!!!! :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri May 26, 2006 5:00 am

Heh - Oh I'll do it for free - just the thought of totally Japanizing a house is enough reward for me! :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion