What David singing style do you like?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

What David singing style do you like?

Adolescent Sex and Obscure Alternatives
21%
Quiet Life onwards
79%

Total votes : 52

Re: What David singing style do you like?

Postby Simonp on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

What makes you say that Tracey? I'm just asking because I'm inclined to agree with you. As The Wire reviewer of Manafon said his "voice is set in "s"tone"....it sounds like he's singing from his grave for much of it. That said, his vocal on Small Metal Gods is beautiful.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BobbyVey on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:16 am

tracycowell wrote:Any except Manafon style. :(

Once again, I agree. He uses vibrato too much lately, on 'Manafon' it's even more accented.
To be honest, David's initial voice (Adolescen Sex/Television/Life in Tokyo...)was quite cool and sexy.
The transformation to his velvety tenor is quite fantastic though....
BobbyVey
Regular
Regular

Postby tracycowell on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Simonp wrote:What makes you say that Tracey? I'm just asking because I'm inclined to agree with you. As The Wire reviewer of Manafon said his "voice is set in "s"tone"....it sounds like he's singing from his grave for much of it. That said, his vocal on Small Metal Gods is beautiful.

I agree the vocal on small metal gods has some emotion in it but the rest is so "toneless" its like he's bored and just trying to get through with it. (people this is only MY opinion) :D
Ask yourself: Do I know who I am? Perform sincere self-inquiry, and find the permanent solution to all of life’s problems. — Amma
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby neonico on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 pm

tracycowell wrote:
Simonp wrote:What makes you say that Tracey? I'm just asking because I'm inclined to agree with you. As The Wire reviewer of Manafon said his "voice is set in "s"tone"....it sounds like he's singing from his grave for much of it. That said, his vocal on Small Metal Gods is beautiful.

I agree the vocal on small metal gods has some emotion in it but the rest is so "toneless" its like he's bored and just trying to get through with it. (people this is only MY opinion) :D

tracey you have to search on the davidsylvian.net site theres a very moving piece with arve

ok heres the link

http://www.davidsylvian.net/releases/tr ... -live.html
Last edited by neonico on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
neonico

Postby tracycowell on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm

thx neo, but i can't access it for some reason. i miss you too will :-D pm soon.
Ask yourself: Do I know who I am? Perform sincere self-inquiry, and find the permanent solution to all of life’s problems. — Amma
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby neonico on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:44 am

tracycowell wrote:thx neo, but i can't access it for some reason. i miss you too will :-D pm soon.

now it works :-D
neonico

Postby tracycowell on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:00 am

I'll climb your rope David a thousand times over....

Thx Neo it was nice, I like Davids talking voice, it's sad though its a biography of his family :(
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby neonico on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 am

tracycowell wrote:I'll climb your rope David a thousand times over....

Thx Neo it was nice, I like Davids talking voice, it's sad though its a biography of his family :(

idlike to get a copy of this live version but i dont know where to obtain it...
neonico

Previous

Return to General Discussion