television...?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

television...?

Postby sodapop on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:35 am

was wondering about this quite alot latley, how whenever i listen to television on adolescent sex, it never seems to last over 9 minutes..lol, it seems tooo short, i have to listen to it a couple of times in a row, as once it starts it's almost always at the end with the bleepy synth sounds....it's wierd i know; maybe becuase david sylvian might have used his super, awsome skills making it so you can never get tired of hearing it..? lol, but anyway i was just wondering if anyone else notices this? or is it just me..? hhmmm..... :?

ohyeh, was also wondering if anyone has ever heard a live version of it at any gigs or anything, as ivve never seen, or rather heard anything of it??
sodapop
Noob
Noob

Postby E.T. on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 am

I love it! :D
it sounds like the space journey to me. :-D
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: television...?

Postby suzannahsylvian on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:37 am

Hm, I agree with the never getting tired of hearing it. Infact it's one of my favorite songs. I love David's voice on the entire Adolescent Sex album. It's so different to the others.
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sodapop on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

suzannahsylvian wrote:Hm, I agree with the never getting tired of hearing it. Infact it's one of my favorite songs. I love David's voice on the entire Adolescent Sex album. It's so different to the others.

yeh his voice is/was amazing back then, imean still is, i prefer it back then in like 77/78 than to any other year hehe :-D
sodapop
Noob
Noob

Postby suzannahsylvian on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm

sodapop wrote:
suzannahsylvian wrote:Hm, I agree with the never getting tired of hearing it. Infact it's one of my favorite songs. I love David's voice on the entire Adolescent Sex album. It's so different to the others.

yeh his voice is/was amazing back then, imean still is, i prefer it back then in like 77/78 than to any other year hehe :-D

Yeah totally agree! I love it! I love his voice in all styles but if I had to choose.. urm 2 the AS album would definatley been in the top 2 hahah.
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sodapop on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm

suzannahsylvian wrote:
sodapop wrote:

Yeah totally agree! I love it! I love his voice in all styles but if I had to choose.. urm 2 the AS album would definatley been in the top 2 hahah.

yeh adolescent sex is my favouriteeee, y wats the other one outa the top 2?
sodapop
Noob
Noob

Postby suzannahsylvian on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm

sodapop wrote:yeh adolescent sex is my favouriteeee, y wats the other one outa the top 2?

It's gotta be the Polaroids album. I really love his voice on that ;) haha.
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ob8 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 am

i have had a look thru my old bootlet tapes and i cant find Television on any of the set lists even from 1979. They were still playing a few tracks from the first 2 albums during the 1981 tour: Rhodesia, Obscure Alternatives, Sometimes I Feel So Low. Maybe you should email Opium Arts and suggest it on the set list of Davids next live shows !
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby suzannahsylvian on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 am

ob8 wrote:i have had a look thru my old bootlet tapes and i cant find Television on any of the set lists even from 1979. They were still playing a few tracks from the first 2 albums during the 1981 tour: Rhodesia, Obscure Alternatives, Sometimes I Feel So Low. Maybe you should email Opium Arts and suggest it on the set list of Davids next live shows !

YES! It would be awesome if Television was played! :D
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Q Quarters on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 am

Ah, i'm glad also a lot of you agree that the "old" Sylvian voice is great. To be honest, i prefer his "old"voice.. :-D but I must be alone on this..
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Postby Q Quarters on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 am

Would be really funny to hear our DAVE sing "Fu**ing Television!" now :-D
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Postby Bern on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm

They never performed Television live maybe because of it's length....love the guitar solo that Barbieri takes over with the keyboards
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby SylvianDarling on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Television is my favourite song on AS, a side from 'Dont rain on my parade'. Has any one heard that song sung by glee? :smt005 If not youtube it :D
SylvianDarling
Regular
Regular

Return to General Discussion