Japan on BBC

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Japan on BBC

Postby camphorvan on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Anyone else hear Japan's Ghosts on the advert for some BBC programme yesterday evening? Can't remember which programme they were advertising...was surprised and can imagine viewers wondering who the song is by; not exactly run of the mill eh?
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Oh was that the ad's for "Waking the Dead"? New series on BBC1. I used to love that show, but it got a little bit predictable, and Trevor Eve used to shout rather a lot instead of actually acting ... but yeah the use if 'Ghosts' was inspired really. Well done BBC keep up the good work - more Japan please! :P
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Yeah it must have been. This is the third reply by you, Astronaut, I've erm....replied to.

But as Bob Hoskins once said, I believe for BT; "it's good to stalk".

As for Waking the Dead - not seen it. Sounds a bit too much like a Tory Party Conference for my liking....

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 am

Have to disagree with you both. I LOVE Waking The Dead. I like the actress who plays Grace (Sue Johnston?)

I do agree that Trevor Eve (who plays Boyd) does shout a lot. But, as the ad says these are due to all the ..ahem "ghosts in his life" .

By the way, I missed the very first series which is where all his problems began. I know it's something to do with his son. Anyone know what the story is?
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:45 pm

I've finally seen this trailer - just before tonight's Apprentice - nice editing I think.

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:34 pm

anortherncod wrote:I've finally seen this trailer - just before tonight's Apprentice - nice editing I think.

Natasha

Totally agree - the editing is always good on WTD trailers - noticed that before! The Apprentice? That programme bores me to death! Only watched it once and it was actually WORSE than a Tory party conference :roll:

Camphorvan - it's good to stalk eh? Can't say that I've noticed you stalking :shock: !!! You live in Hertfordshire so I think I'm safe where I am ... (runs to window to check outside!) or maybe not ... :!:

Steerpike - Sue Johnston is pure class - great actress. One of Britains' finest IMHO .. :-D
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion