In David's Words

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: In David's Words

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:54 am

Anyway, away from the negative... what I've read above he has mostly covered before, and as far as I'm concerned he must keep doing what he's doing, and therefore only do what interests him, regardless of fan reaction or monetary (Well, until the cash completly runs dry, and he does the Japan/Sylvian tribute tour, with Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet :P) concerns...

I'm still waiting for the Japan/Sylvian tribute tour. Make sure you guys nag David to come to the Midwestern U.S. when it happens. :lol:

Jokes aside, too bad he's probably not going to tour again in the future. I do hope that he makes a few more songs though. Has anyone been able to catch him on the socials since the brief time he was online about 3-ish months ago?
{Insert life-changing mantra here}
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blemished on Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 pm

I think he is back on Twitter now - was a few days back - but using their new setting that only people mentioned in a tweet can reply. Think that's a good thing for him as no doubt it was some of the weirder tweeters out there who were annoying him and causing him to 'go dark'.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Blemished wrote:I think he is back on Twitter now - was a few days back - but using their new setting that only people mentioned in a tweet can reply. Think that's a good thing for him as no doubt it was some of the weirder tweeters out there who were annoying him and causing him to 'go dark'.

Oh, gee, what a time to be alive :D It's time for me to make a Twitter account.

Thanks for the quick response too! I appreciate it.
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm

Welp, I think he took it down again.

It was there for a second, I tried to follow. I kept on checking in now and then, and the next thing I know the davidsylvian58 account doesn't exist anymore.

:/

You know, what I hate is that every time I ask if he had it up I'm only a few hours late to the punch. I have the best/worst timing ever. It's extremely annoying :?
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jon10g on Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:16 am

I don’t do Twitter but saw he was online a couple of times. Does anyone know what he was tweeting?

Also, is there any news on the next Fuji photo book yet?
jon10g
Regular
Regular

Postby Blemished on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:56 pm

jon10g wrote:I don’t do Twitter but saw he was online a couple of times. Does anyone know what he was tweeting?

Also, is there any news on the next Fuji photo book yet?

In terms of his twitter feed, it's similar to what's been seen before - a mix of music and poetry recommendations and the usual political retweets, plus he advertised forthcoming photography books from Nigel Grierson (whose photography featured on Beehive and its singles). Nothing recent on his own work that I spotted - it's more a snapshot of his current interests.

I haven't seen anything at all of late regarding volume 2 of Yuka's photos. Hopefully the extra volumes might still appear at some point.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby jon10g on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 am

Many thanks for that.
jon10g
Regular
Regular

Postby Blemished on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am

When I looked yesterday, his Twitter account was still up - he tweeted condolences for the situation in Vienna.

Also, he flagged that he now has an Instagram account - this has photos of the kind he used to post regularly onto his website - some from years back - others maybe more recent? Anyway, very interesting and intriguing and full of his usual wry humour. He also appears to have been back on the cigarettes at some point!

https://www.instagram.com/davidsylvian258/?hl=en
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby jon10g on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:49 am

Thanks again for that.
I do like his photography.
It would be good if he did a book of his work.
jon10g
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Solo Work