My oh my, the things you hear on XM radio...................

Talk about anything Japan-related.

My oh my, the things you hear on XM radio...................

Postby krausy on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:57 pm

I have been a subscriber to XM for at least six months now (makes my work commute---or any commute for that matter---THAT much better, because the stations around here really blow).

Anyway, I just recently bought a walkman type radio that plays live XM in the house but then you can record parts to listen to while running, etc.

Yes, this story does have a point, trust me!!

So............I had just plugged in the unit to charge the battery and what do I see on the LiveXM screen as currently playing?

Japan--Television :shock:

Can I just say that..............................I LOVE XM!!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:07 pm

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME!!!

That really is... That is so awesome... I wish they played Japan on some of the radio stations around here!

Very cool story,

-K
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:15 pm

Yeah, it blew my mind SilverMoon. For one thing, you would never hear that anywhere, and the other thing is, XM plays a wide range of stuff on this particular channel (which is the classic alternative channel, called FRED)and I have listened to this channel exclusively, and this was the first time I heard that song from that period of their career on that channel. I am truly impressed.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:55 pm

I would've never pegged Television as one to be played, but it's still awesome! I think that one's my favorite off Adolescent Sex.

Hmm, FRED. I don't have XM Radio or anything, but I believe I listened to that station during a flight... that's the only good thing AirTran has going for them, the built-in XM jacks. 8)

I hear you about bad local radio stations, though. There's really only three types of music you can find on the radio here- country, top 40, and maybe a bit of rap.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Xx_Vanity_xX on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Sounds like a cool station.

What's the one... Classic Gold...yeah, we get that here and it's all real good proper songs on it. But i think our local station GWR does a thing where you go on to their website, make a playlist of your fave songs and if your lucky, the station phone you and you like introduce your song choices on air.
Yeah, intelligent input darling why don't you just have another beer then.
Xx_Vanity_xX
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:58 pm

yeah, AirTran started carrying XM on most of their planes a couple years ago----I love it!!

FRED is one of their best stations in my opinion. It plays classic alternative from the 70's through punk to the late 80's--you can get your whole alternative music history on there---believe me, I have heard sooo much and it has turned me onto all this "new" stuff to my ears, anyway. Bands and artists that I just did not take time out to listen to before, mainly due to time factor and availability.

Most of the radio stations around here are owned by one company, and they pretty much keep a stronghold on what they want to play. I had the opportunity recently to speak to one of the only "live" DJ's that are employed by this company(actually it is him and a couple assitants, the rest is run by computer). He was very knowledgeable of music but what disturbed me is that his knowledge seems to stop at the 90's---for example, he knew Duran Duran's material up to the Wedding Album, but had no idea that they had reformed and released Astronaut!!! :shock: The radio industry these days is just a sometimes inexplicable mystery. Perhaps it always has been.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion