Little question....

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Little question....

Postby Nath on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:11 pm

I have a question : on a japan yahoo group, there's something about Sandii Tidbits : so I just want to know if it's in relation with JAPAN or not ?

many thanks in advance for your answer

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:48 pm

I haven't followed the entire discussion, but they've been talking about Sandii (from Sandii and the Sunsetz). S & the S were the opening band on Japan's last tour, several picture of them are in the "Sons of Pioneers" book - can find many of those pics in the Japan photo album on this board.

S & The S were a popular Japanese pop band, never broke through much outside of Japan. David sang and wrote songs on a couple of their albums.

The band is no longer around, but Sandii has quite a successful career in Hawaii, singing traditional Hawaiin music (and has done some solo pop stuff as well).
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:05 pm

That's really interesting. I'd never heard of them, and it sounds quite good. I'll have to check some of their/her stuff.

Thanks.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:04 pm

They were quite popular in Australia too, at least for a while. I lived in Adelaide 86-87 - their album Banzai Baby was released at the time and they toured a few places in Australia - received a lot of press and television coverage. I can't recall the name of the woman who interviewed them on TV; was a very popular and good music show that concentrated each program on one or two performers, with an in-studio interview and videos. She had David on one show (he was promoting Gone To Earth) and the following week were Sandii and the Sunsetz.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:08 pm

karnsculpture wrote:Sandii is a bigger star now in Japan than she was with the Sunsetz. She had a TV show about Hula dance, fitness and beauty etc. She owns Hula schools and a restaurant. She's been pretty successful in ways that are not visible in the West e.g. hits in SE Asia.

Thanks for that info, good to know that she's done so well.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 am

So many many thanks everybody to answer me... :-)

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion