RTC

Talk about anything Japan-related.

RTC

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 pm

Ok I was listening to the RTC cd last night. Big Wheels in Shanty Town came on and i was thinking....hey .... this is a song featured in one of my workout dvds. I believe it is on the first Cindy Crawford exercise tape that came out in late 91 / early 92. I'm not kidding its a pretty hip music wise soundtrack. I lost a ton of weight doing her workout...it will kick your a** if you do it right.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: RTC

Postby marcello09 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:08 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:Ok I was listening to the RTC cd last night. Big Wheels in Shanty Town came on and i was thinking....hey .... this is a song featured in one of my workout dvds. I believe it is on the first Cindy Crawford exercise tape that came out in late 91 / early 92. I'm not kidding its a pretty hip music wise soundtrack. I lost a ton of weight doing her workout...it will kick your a** if you do it right.

That tune totally caught me off guard when I first heard it. That was some serious funk! Not the nice clean ethnic funk of "Tin Drum", but stanky, sweaty, red-beans-and-rice P-Funk. I thought the Mothership had landed. Woof!
marcello09
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bern on Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:51 am

The track is featured in the Cindy Crawford workout video I remember there was some serious litigation between Virgin and the video's producers at the time
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:08 am

really? wow i had no idea about that.
All I know is that that music totally inspired me to keep on going during the workout. It was indeed some serious a** funk!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:02 pm

"Serious a** funk"......well put
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Bern wrote:The track is featured in the Cindy Crawford workout video I remember there was some serious litigation between Virgin and the video's producers at the time

Correct.
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion