Just a thought

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Just a thought

Postby japanfan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 pm

On my other fave bands website, the band members come onto the forums. Wouldnt it be a cool idea to let the Japan members know of this site so they can come on and join in the fun? I know the members of Ocean Colour Scene love to chat to the fans on the forums. I have had the pleasure of chatting to the lead singer on the chat room without anyone else on, it was great!
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they already know, they probably do.

I don't know how interested they would be in interacting. David used to on Gerritt's site once in a while, you were able to list questions and David would eventually answer them.

He doesn't seem to have any interest with that on his own site, but since he's put up the Myspace site for samadhisound, maybe that will change.

And you never know, one or more of them could already be members of this site. There're quite a few members here, how many actually post? Maybe they are some of the lurkers. ;)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:39 pm

Wouldnt hurt to post a link to them via their contact me on their websites.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:55 pm

Yes, that would be a wonderful idea! Don't know if they'd agree to it though!! And I must say that I am pretty sure (Not 100 percent positive) That Mick Karn may have already seen this site!! Last month there was a small visit from Cyprus in the stats!!! (Apologies if I have already said this!)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby japanfan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:12 pm

I dont mind sending Davie a link via his website if Kera agrees. BTW Kera i think their might be a problem with the PM's, I can't seem to contact you via them.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: reply

Postby marcello09 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Mick Karn has been quite generous about answering questions on his website (http://mickkarn.net/), so he might be willing to pop over here from time to time.
marcello09
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:51 pm

Yes, I have seen the questions he answers on his site and I think that is just so geniunely kind of him to answer fans questions... Man, I love those Japan guys...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Sounds fab!

Sort of makes me want to go through and delete all my fangirly posts...
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:29 pm

MMMMHMM I was thinking the same thing too, Lastgoldstar!! But I don't think I'm going to go through with that idea just just yet... But I will definately consider it!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:39 pm

lastgoldstar wrote:Sounds fab!

Sort of makes me want to go through and delete all my fangirly posts...

Me too! Oy!
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby John Trevethan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:39 pm

In my opinion I see no need for anyone to delete any posts or tiptoe around in fear of David (or any of the other Japan guys ) reading them! I'm a guy the same age as David and I have seen nothing on here that is inappropriate, offensive or harmful.

I feel that you have all been sincere in your posts and if anything the "fangirly" posts are charming. I think it's fantastic that an artist in this kind of a niche market is able to have such dedicated and enthusiastic fans. Surely David would take some pride in the fact that he still makes the girls swoon, no matter how artistic his musical intentions are.

You all have stated how you really felt, and I for one much prefer that to boring talk such as how many seconds longer one version of Art of Parties is as compared to another (or whatever).
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Thank you

Thank you

THANK YOU JOHN T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ONLY think this all the time and you have basically stated what is on my mind.

I have talked at lengths about these subjects with fellow fans for months now, and I keep coming to the same conclusions:

1. I am happy that this site exists, for the reasons you have already covered.

2. I am happy that I have had the opportunity to meet other fans at sites like this one, especially since it is definitely NOT happening in any other way(such as...........ahem...........tours, etc)

3. I feel that we have, despite our obvious enthusiasm at times, conducted ourselves in a polite manner here and elsewhere, and that we should not have to delete items, etc out of fear or intimidation by ANYONE.

4. The band members that have reached out to us are to be commended, and I definitely want them to feel welcome here anytime, even if they are only lurkers. They are, above all, RESPECTED AND APPRECIATED.

Sooo, let us continue to enjoy ourselves........................ :wink:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:20 pm

John Trevethan wrote:You all have stated how you really felt, and I for one much prefer that to boring talk such as how many seconds longer one version of Art of Parties is as compared to another (or whatever).

*snigger* That sort of nitpicking... not for me, I can tell you that.

And thanks for that! You know, I'd probably end up having to delete 75% of my posts, anyway. :lol:

And I agree with Krausy. I really did not know any Japan/Sylvian fans before the advent of this site.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:28 am

Will i send a link to Davie? :?
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:27 am

I couldn't agree more with JT and Krausy...

I love that this site exists, I love the sharing, I do enjoy that we don't sit around and pull each piece of music apart.... Its all fun and entertaining and informational. :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion