Variants 5

News, gigs, releases and discussion about Richard

Variants 5

Postby Blemished on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Richard has just announced the fifth and final of his variants CDs. The box and booklet to contain the whole series is due soon as well.

Enjoyed the teasers - and have really enjoyed this whole set of releases - a great way to gather up old and new work and creates an appetite for the next releases.

Interesting that he said that we was laid up following an operation and set himself up with a mini modular analogue system to generate one of the pieces. Very productive way of whiling away a recuperative period!

And more generally, it's amazing how productive Richard and Steve have been over the last couple of years.They really seem to have found their groove and a way of operating that I presume suits them.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Variants 5

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 am

I agree in everything you wrote. This has been so far a fantastic journey through Richard's musical past and present. Looking forward to the new EP and of course to the box.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Variants 5

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 pm

I think this is Richard's most ambient efford in this series, with the exception of the live-version of the "Planets + Persona"-track "Unholy".

The last piece is called "Shut Down", which is a nice way to finish this "Variants"-journey.

Curious about his next moves.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Richard Barbieri