Steve drumming on Gaudi EP

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Steve drumming on Gaudi EP

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Steve Jansen appears on side B of Gaudi's vinyl/download only EP, released by RareNoiseRecords.
Other musicians involved are Colin Edwin, Ted Parsons, Brian Allen, Eraldo Bernocchi, Coppé, Bill Laswell, Merzbow, Lorenzo Feliciati, Alessandro Gwis, Mark Aanderud, Buckethead, Martin Shulte and Hernan Hecht.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Steve drumming on Gaudi EP

Postby Quiet Visitor on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks.

According to http://www.rarenoiserecords.com/gaudi this seems to be an introduction on the forthcoming album.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:According to http://www.rarenoiserecords.com/gaudi this seems to be an introduction on the forthcoming album.

I forgot to post this: the album, Magnetic, is out now. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 am

inkinthewell wrote:
Quiet Visitor wrote:According to http://www.rarenoiserecords.com/gaudi this seems to be an introduction on the forthcoming album.

I forgot to post this: the album, Magnetic, is out now. :D

Thanks for the update. I'll check it out when I'm in Amsterdam's big record-store Concerto (still love to buy in a real shop from time to time).
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:18 am

This EP is a bit dodgy - Steve said last year that he had no memory of recording the session. After a bit of back and forth in private emails it transpired that the artist used Steve's drumming from a previous session for the artist's label to create the single. So it is Steve on the recording, but it is in effect a remix / sample track with no new contribution.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

karnsculpture wrote:This EP is a bit dodgy - Steve said last year that he had no memory of recording the session. After a bit of back and forth in private emails it transpired that the artist used Steve's drumming from a previous session for the artist's label to create the single. So it is Steve on the recording, but it is in effect a remix / sample track with no new contribution.

Maybe that's the reason why Steve wasn't mentioned in the info op the site I mentioned in a previous page:

The list of artists whose sounds were initially chosen by GAUDI from the RareNoise catalogue of releases or who successively added their sounds and skills to the overall project reads like a ‘who’s who’ of musical talent and gives warranted indication as to the quality of the ingredients; They include bass legend and producer extraordinaire Bill Laswell, psychedelic prog-rock bassist Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree fame, Ted Parsons, the drummer from cult band Killing Joke, Roger Eno on piano, Grammy award winning Eric Mouquet (aka Deep Forest) on grand piano, drummer extraordinaire Pat Mastelotto (known for his work with XTC, King Crimson and David Sylvian), innovatory avantgarde guitarist Eraldo Bernocchi, post-punk experimental guitarist Buckethead (collaborator with Guns ’n’ Roses, Bootsy Collins, Iggy Pop), drummer Nikolaj Bjerre from Lamb, multi-instrumentalist Jamie Saft on bass …to name but a few! (For the full list of featured artists please see below). GAUDI, alongside programming and production, returns to his roots as a pianist / keyboard and Theremin player, playing here his full arsenal of vintage analogue synthesizers.

Well, I like Colin Edwin's bass-work, so I might give this one a chance, despite Steve's sample :wink:
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Steve Jansen