sylvian - worst to best

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: sylvian - worst to best

Postby Blemished on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Re the header, thought it would be good to change every now and again as suggested. I did like the last one, but sometimes good to have a change for the fun of it and not just to focus on Sylvian. I have a few other alternatives that were prepared before the last change, so might mix it up a bit.

That said, if anyone wants to design an alternative header feel free to send me something (blemished@japansylvian.com). It needs to be a 960 (Width) x 200 (Height) pixel picture (JPEG).

Foales - I've made our Dave less green.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby javier on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 am

I'd be happy to work on a new header. Can a new header contain colour?

In the meantime I do think that DS is way too dark in the current header - it's really unbalanced.

You can see in the attached image that the DS photo has very low luminance - all in the dark tones - whereas the other photos are quite balanced across the full range of values from black to white.

javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Blemished on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 am

Hi Javier

Have you not considered that there might be something appropriate about 'big bad sylv' being in a darker place than the others? ;-)

Seriously, though - I did try altering the tone but it looked a bit weird. But maybe I'll have another go, seeing as you've subjected it to analysis!

Yes, the header can be full colour / any colour and delighted to consider anything that you, or anyone else, comes up with. This is a site for all of us and I'm sure there are some very creative, talented people here, so that would be wonderful. It would need the site name on top of course, but there are no other restrictions other than size (960 x 200 pixels, JPEG). So go for it! :D

Cheers

EDIT: Actually, here's another one I prepared before. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Javier. Rgds

Blemished
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby ob8 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:52 pm

I like the new header though I am not sure the correct Oberheim product was selected :-D
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:50 am

Ah, Blemish, I think it was my comment that got the ball rolling on changing the header in the first place, so I apologize for this, but I really do not care for this header at all. For me it is so unrelated to Sylvian that it really makes no sense. I suppose this may have been a synth that Japan used back on the day, but at this point that would be over 30 years ago. I preferred the pics of band members over this one. Thank you for making the effort to change it though. :-)
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:45 am

How about this image?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (207.09 KiB) Viewed 8211 times
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:47 am

Ugh...not sure why it's outside the lines like that...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Solo Work