Favourite CD Cover Artwork

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Re: Favourite CD Cover Artwork

Postby Quiet Visitor on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:Other sleeves I like are Talk Talk's James Marsh covers, ....

I guess you know these are all collected in the beautiful book Spirit Of Talk Talk. I was so lucky to receive the now sold out deluxe edition.

Nice thing to know for Japan-fans is that Richard Barbieri, Joan Wasser, David Torn and Tim Elsenburg contributed to the book.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:
Foales Arishes wrote:Other sleeves I like are Talk Talk's James Marsh covers, ....

I guess you know these are all collected in the beautiful book Spirit Of Talk Talk. I was so lucky to receive the now sold out deluxe edition.

Nice thing to know for Japan-fans is that Richard Barbieri, Joan Wasser, David Torn and Tim Elsenburg contributed to the book.

Indeed, and I even have my name in it as one of the early supporters/pre-orders, which helped to fund the release... among hundreds of others :-D

Good book, though I only have the classic edition :(
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:Indeed, and I even have my name in it as one of the early supporters/pre-orders, which helped to fund the release... among hundreds of others :-D

Me2 :D
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:
Chad wrote:thanks for the heads up on that 4ad book. that really stirs the memories.

More information on that book on the 4ad website.

I saw the regular version of the 4ad book in a book-store. Quite disappointing to be honest. Although I know it's a very thick book (600+ pages), the quality of the paper is very low, while the few pages with the records sleeves (which are in colour), show the album-covers as stamps. Hopefully the deluxe edition gives more quality. If not, the compilation-CD's are the only things that make that version exclusive.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:29 am

Quiet Visitor wrote:Big lover of album-covers. Have a lot of books containing them too. Quite various stuff included. From 4AD to Hipgnosis from Dave McKean to Roger Dean and from Alan Aldridge to Mark Ryden.

Here's a favourite one: Bill Evans & Jim Hall: Undercurrent. I have a reprint in my room

Hopefully by the end of this month I will receive the 4AD book Facing The Other Way.

That is one awesome image!
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:
Quiet Visitor wrote:
Chad wrote:thanks for the heads up on that 4ad book. that really stirs the memories.

More information on that book on the 4ad website.

I saw the regular version of the 4ad book in a book-store. Quite disappointing to be honest. Although I know it's a very thick book (600+ pages), the quality of the paper is very low, while the few pages with the records sleeves (which are in colour), show the album-covers as stamps. Hopefully the deluxe edition gives more quality. If not, the compilation-CD's are the only things that make that version exclusive.

Finally received the Limited Edition. BEAUTIFUL. Look at this facebookpage for some pictures and information.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:

Just noticed there's a paperback-version of the Talk Talk book: http://spiritoftalktalk.com/
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 am

Although the Pledge is still running, Ryan Vail's cover for his new album "For Every Silence" promises to be a beauty:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/for ... ce/updates
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:Although the Pledge is still running, Ryan Vail's cover for his new album "For Every Silence" promises to be a beauty:

Very interesting.... there are some people out their- quietly - doing some amazing things, and this maybe one.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:
Quiet Visitor wrote:Although the Pledge is still running, Ryan Vail's cover for his new album "For Every Silence" promises to be a beauty:

Very interesting.... there are some people out their- quietly - doing some amazing things, and this maybe one.

It will look like this:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/for ... ates/64816
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Open Season