What's an avatar, and how do I get one?

Forum rules, help with images & avatars, suggestions & more...

What's an avatar, and how do I get one?

Postby Silver Moon on Sat May 06, 2006 10:54 pm

I'm glad you asked!

An Avatar is a little image that appears under your username each time you post to the forum.

Once you've registered and logged in, go to your profile and scroll all the way to the bottom. There you'll find the Avatar Control Panel. Click on 'Show Gallery', look through all the options, then pick an avatar you like (click on the round button below it) then scroll to the bottom and click 'Select Avatar'. That's it!

Can I change my avatar?
Yes! You can change your avatar whenever you want by following the same steps as described above.

Can I use my own avatar?
Yes! You can upload your favorite avatar - 100 x 100 px and less than 10K. :)
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: What's an avatar, and how do I get one?

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 am

Silver Moon wrote:I'm glad you asked!

An Avatar is a little image that appears under your username each time you post to the forum.

Once you've registered and logged in, go to your profile and scroll all the way to the bottom. There you'll find the Avatar Control Panel. Click on 'Show Gallery', look through all the options, then pick an avatar you like (click on the round button below it) then scroll to the bottom and click 'Select Avatar'. That's it!

Can I change my avatar?
Yes! You can change your avatar whenever you want by following the same steps as described above.

Can I use my own avatar?
Yes! You can upload your favorite avatar - 100 x 100 px and less than 10K. :)

Is this all still the case? Can't find the Avatar Control Panel, but maybe I need some new glasses :wink:
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi - and welcome!

Go to 'User Control Panel' (at the top of the screen) and then select 'Edit Profile'. You should see 'Edit Avatar' as one of the options there.

Cheers

Blemished
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Blemished wrote:Hi - and welcome!

Go to 'User Control Panel' (at the top of the screen) and then select 'Edit Profile'. You should see 'Edit Avatar' as one of the options there.

Cheers

Blemished

Thanks! It worked. Lots of pics to choose from. I started with the one that comes close to my nick-name, which was inspired by both the album-title and the fact I've been visiting this forum for quite a while before joining.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Forum Help & Info