Get JBK Remastered...YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Get JBK Remastered...YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Postby jennyTMK on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 am

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas.

I have come here to ask you for your support. A group of us on Facebook, led by Steve Mahoney, are trying to ensure that the work of Mick Karn continues to be heard and enjoyed by fans both new and old and that it also continues to support Mick's family now he is no longer here. Mick, along with the other members of Japan, have brought us so much joy in our lives and it would be great if we could give a little something back.
The first project we are trying to get off the ground is to get the JBK work remastered and rereleased. This ideally includes video footage as well as the audio.
We herald predominantly from a Facebook group called Team Mick Karn and have recently started another group called JBK Jansen Barbieri Karn in order to help facilitate this project.
Steve Mahoney has been contacting anyone and everyone who might be in a position to help achieve this goal and we are quickly seeing results with many good people coming along and backing the project.
Numbers are important so we would very much appreciate it if those of you who are not already with us, could come and join us.
I realise that many of you may not be on Facebook, but I would like to urge you to please sign up in order to come and help us out.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I will be seeing you there. We are a great bunch of people and I am sure you will make many great new friends, I know I have.
Thanks
Jenny Barnett

Below I have copied and pasted some of Steve Mahoney's recent posts.

Steve Mahoney: Why did I start JBK Jansen Barbieri Karn. Because I love the music like you do.But I also wanted to encourage Richard Barbieri and Steve Jansen to look at the idea of re-releasing JBK in a world class quality upgrade.With some extra material if we are lucky.The music is dateless.Its timeless. I love that! It also takes me to another world whne I listen to it.I consider this music to be Art Rock, though I hear Prog Rock at times as well.I think JBK and any other project these guys are involved in ,encompass a lot of my listening world most the time.So thank you for being In This Room, With All These People ;) This music is unreal.Its surreal.

Steve Mahoney:I wanted to inform the JBK Jansen Barbieri Group I have had a response from Richard Barbieri over night to my inquiry on the idea of Remastering the of the back catalogue of JBK music.I wanted to tell you I have replied and stated we would like extras included.I have had no confirmation from Richard this is a starter.Its way to early to say its on!I am just thrilled he responded at all to be honest.Please stick with me.Hopefully in time something will happen.Oh Yes I mentioned the idea of vinyl records :).I have also said whatever he can release we would appreciate it.So that is where I am right now with all this.What will be will be.I just wanted to update you at this point.

Steve Mahoney: Just a quick note.Please everyone.Remember Richard Barbieri has not said yet JBK will release any back catalogue at all yet.He is aware we in this group are keen to see something happen in the future.All we can do is hope something comes to fruition over time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385768124842049/
jennyTMK
Noob
Noob

Re: Get JBK Remastered...YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Postby Bern on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:29 am

Jenny, If I were you I would contact Debi Zorne, she ran the Medium label and was involved with all the JBK releases and would be a useful starting point, she is on Facebook
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jennyTMK on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Bern,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, Steve has already contacted most people and Debi, amongst others, is already a member of our group but we could really do with the support of other fans in order to demonstrate the interest in the project.
Cheers to you
Jenny
jennyTMK
Noob
Noob

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 am

jennyTMK wrote:I realise that many of you may not be on Facebook, but I would like to urge you to please sign up in order to come and help us out.

Joined Facebook just in order to join both groups.
Now how do I get rid of the Facebook-scab?!? :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jennyTMK on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 am

Ha Ha, thank you, that is what I call dedication.....gotta love Japan fans for that!! You'll also need to be careful to avoid addiction to FB.... :wink:
For those of you who join FB or are already there you might also want to check out the Steve Jansen page below. Whilst it is not an official page, Steve Jansen is aware of it and it is approved and supported by Epiphany Works Ltd. It is a good source of news and pictures etc
https://www.facebook.com/SteveJansenFansbook?fref=ts
jennyTMK
Noob
Noob

Postby jennyTMK on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello Everyone,
For those that are not on Facebook but are on Twitter - You can now also show your support for the JBK group by simply following us on Twitter @JBK_FansTeam

https://twitter.com/JBK_FansTeam

Thanks
jennyTMK
Noob
Noob

Return to General Discussion